Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

38 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Quite a bit .  Go back through the old threads but don't trip over the abused pensioners.

How would you react to idiots shouting their mouths off that you are a paedo and taking the piss out of you losing your child? Having gone through the pain of losing my daughter I know how I would 🙄

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How would you react to idiots shouting their mouths off that you are a paedo and taking the piss out of you losing your child? Having gone through the pain of losing my daughter I know how I would 🙄

Sorry to hear that mate. Think this thread could do with some moderation.

So sorry for your loss @Jimbo Ram. Sincere condolences. Agree wholeheartedly with your words. 

Its fine having an opinion. Yay or Nay….. Whatever anyone’s thoughts, if PW is after  him and he agrees, he’s a Ram. 
He’d get my full backing, wearing a white shirt, but the vitriol I’ve read, I’d not be  bothering if that was me. Football pales in to insignificance at times.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well put, might not be everyone’s taste as a footballer but with Collins, Washington and Waghorn I’d just like us to try and find a raw gem in the making; maybe a Dobbin, maybe a Phil Gee, that’s the sole reason I’d say no to Billy Sharp now.

I’m doubtful he would consider playing us either way.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That was one person. Not a fanbase who collected thousands for his charity in the name of his child who he then turned on en masse.  It was in retaliation to some comment he made.  In my post I stated this was a comment from from a dick and not pleasant. If he called out that one person but thanked others for their support I'd applaud him. That wasn't the case.  Regarding the chants, I stated on previous occasions they were unpleasant but we weren't the club that started that and I doubt everyone was joining in. He tarred everyone with the same brush and stepped it up a gear by abusing and being held back from clobbering a pensioner .  I call that as I see it.

I wasn’t opposed to the potential signing of Sharp, however with Waghorn now signed up we’ve got 3 senior strikers and Dajaune Brown in an immediate sense. So IF we are in for Sharp I’d rather the club moved away from the deal and whatever the remaining budget is could then be used to get cover at lwb (or cb to free Fozzy as cover for lwb) and another cm as a priority. Then hopefully picking up a good young loan player or two later in the window to further strengthen.

On 01/08/2023 at 14:14, RoyMac5 said:

Yes or Chris Martin? So that wasn't really an answer from you. 😄

I might think Chrissy’s time has passed, he isn’t suited to the new system, has “issues” and all the rest

but I’d rather CM at 50 with a limp, a subscription to the ikea bedroom furnishing department AND long Covid  rather than Sharpe and the baggage that comes with him. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wasn’t opposed to the potential signing of Sharp, however with Waghorn now signed up we’ve got 3 senior strikers and Dajaune Brown in an immediate sense. So IF we are in for Sharp I’d rather the club moved away from the deal and whatever the remaining budget is could then be used to get cover at lwb (or cb to free Fozzy as cover for lwb) and another cm as a priority. Then hopefully picking up a good young loan player or two later in the window to further strengthen.

I view our options predominantly falling into these roles:

RSS: Bird, Waghorn, Sibley

LSS: Mendez-Laing, Washington, Barkhuizen

CF: Collins, ???

For me we're 1 CF short (but a little bit heavy elsewhere. Potentially not such an issue given Mendez-Laing is only a 60 minute player, Waghorn is an option at CF, etc... There's a lot of flexibility between roles, as well as in other positions, such as filling in at CM or wing back.

But, since we'll occasionally play with 2 up top, I definitely see a need for 1 more CF.

SS: Bird, Sibley

RCF: Collins, Waghorn

LCF: Washington, ???

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I view our options predominantly falling into these roles:

RSS: Bird, Waghorn, Sibley

LSS: Mendez-Laing, Washington, Barkhuizen

CF: Collins, ???

For me we're 1 CF short (but a little bit heavy elsewhere. Potentially not such an issue given Mendez-Laing is only a 60 minute player, Waghorn is an option at CF, etc... There's a lot of flexibility between roles, as well as in other positions, such as filling in at CM or wing back.

But, since we'll occasionally play with 2 up top, I definitely see a need for 1 more CF.

SS: Bird, Sibley

RCF: Collins, Waghorn

LCF: Washington, ???

I wholeheartedly agree, I think there’s a need for another, I just don’t know that it needs to be immediate as a priority now in terms of pursuing a Billy Sharp or Jordan Rhodes type player. Would rather use Waghorn, Washington and Collins with support from those you mentioned (a returning  Sibley and Barkhuizen definitely help) in the next week or two and secure the other players to provide what’s lacking in the squad, then try for a premier league loan or two for that sprinkling of magic to finalise the squad.