Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I’d definitely want Sharp. He would be great around the dressing room as well! X 3 promotions with Sheff Utd and he knows where the back of the net is. If Sharp had the same chance as Collins did during the 1st half of yesterday’s match we’d be seeing the net ripple. 

I’m not saying he wouldn’t be but how do you know Sharp would be great around the dressing room? 

31 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I accept that we are talking about the end of the 2016/17 season since he last played in League 1 but his record in 4 seasons in that league is:

appearances 192

goals               107

That’s better than 1 every 2 games

Isn't it right that most cells in the human body are replaced within 7 years? So the Billy Sharp with that admittedly impressive record is no longer with us, and the new version's skeleton likely creaks a fair bit more. 

(I'm still in favour of a younger model if at all possible.)

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sharp, Rhodes, Godden it makes you wonder if we are aiming 'too high'? Should we be settling for less until/if we get outta this league?

Not really fussed on any of them RoyMac if I'm honest, but I'd get behind whoever we go for.  You could argue not much is currently available but I would prefer to run the risk of waiting until later in the window. 

It makes me start to doubt PW and his team based on this list.

I am sure they are, but it's disappointing it seems our scouting network isn't looking at younger alternatives, when they have stated last season the average age of the squad needed bringing down dramatically.

Cheers

GDFTT

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Don't want him at Derby

i am not sure why he would want to be at derby either considering the bad blood thats been around for years

Edited by alram

2 hours ago, inter politics said:

Nixon (journalist) linking us with him again this morning 

Shame  ..because we have about 3 different views/comments regurgitated about 1000 times each. 

* He's a ***** wouldn't want him anywhere near the club 

* He's too old

* I think he can still do a job, better than  *****.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Shame  ..because we have about 3 different views/comments regurgitated about 1000 times each. 

* He's a ***** wouldn't want him anywhere near the club 

* He's too old

* I think he can still do a job, better than  *****.

Shouldn't Bamford have 7 asterisks?

Yes you are right. Yet I continue to add to this thread, hoping it won't ever have its name changed to "Billy Sharp - signed on a 2-year-deal".

On 31/07/2023 at 23:18, Ram1988 said:

I actually think he would score goals and do a good job for a club in league one. I just can't see it being us given the history he has with the fans. Where as Waggy has a genuine affection for the club.

But the problem with posts like these is that Sharp may score goals, whereas Waghorn won't. And we need a goalscorer. But if we're genuinely looking at Billy Sharp and/or Jordan Rhodes, I see no reason why we shouldn't also be looking at Chris Martin too - a much better hold-up player, as well as a proven finisher. With any of these three in the team, I think we likely win the game yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

But the problem with posts like these is that Sharp may score goals, whereas Waghorn won't. And we need a goalscorer. But if we're genuinely looking at Billy Sharp and/or Jordan Rhodes, I see no reason why we shouldn't also be looking at Chris Martin too - a much better hold-up player, as well as a proven finisher. With any of these three in the team, I think we likely win the game yesterday.

I think the issue will be Warne's preconceived opinion on Martin 'having an ego'. Very similar to how he prejudged Waghorn, and only realised he's not like that at all when he was involved with the testimonial stuff. It's as if he didn't even bother asking the people who have worked and played with him before.