Billy Sharp

Dartmouth Ram

16 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry for taking my anger out on you. Losing a child is as bad as it gets. I am lucky to have lots of friends and family supporting us. The thought of having to listen to the abhorrent and vile abuse at work is just unimaginable 👍

Yep I’ve lived the experience of losing a child too and that’s maybe why I cut sharp a bit of slack , for me it’s not just the direct abuse he has taken and responded to , what I felt for a long time was I hated being around people who got / get stressed , angry , up tight , ect ect ect over stuff that in my position I felt was duck all ( I know everything is relative ) and I could bubble inside and want to strangle them ,

I don’t know how recent your loss is and I know there’s bugger all anybody can say that really helps , all I can offer you is my experience and the conclusion I am at now which is , you never get over it but rather you learn to survive it and there does come a time when you can allow yourself to feel happy without feeling guilty about being happy ,

Are the taunts of "The old guy" stood by the bus still unknown publicly?  Do we still not know what Sharpe was reacting to with his face to face "What you gonna do about it" reaction? 
Surely if it was "paedo related" and/or relating to his deceased son, then whilst his reaction would have been perfectly understandable (imo), surely someone close by could have taken the lead, and put "The old guy" in his place?  Surely matters could have become "official", be that legally (Reported/arrested/charged) or club related (ID'd and banned)?  Surely with the number of witnesses, "The old guy" would have received more "reaction" from bystanders, with comments along those lines?

Which makes me think... rightly or wrongly... that maybe his taunts were "less personal" than some on here seem to be assuming?  Maybe they were more in line with what has sadly become expected (I won't say "accepted", as it isn't!) outside a football ground?  Maybe he was reacting to being called a short-arse, or a w-anchor, or simply a banjo-playing cowherd who wasn't particularly accurate?
If that's the case, then he (Sharp) should have rose above it.   Reacting to those sort of taunts are seen as being unprofessional.  Seen as being hot-headed.

Again rightly or wrongly, I've always assumed the taunts from "The old guy" were more in keeping with my second scenario, and have therefore always perceived Sharp's reaction as being unprofessional, and not the sort of temperament we want to see from our own players?

I guess if we don't know what was said by "The old guy", we'll never know whether Sharpe is a "decent sort" or "A bit of a hot head", and this particular conversation will continue to go round and round in circles?   

*For the record, I have never been officially accused of being a paedophile, nor have I lost a child... (although having our 1 hour old granddaughter in my arms as she took her last breath** was certainly "An experience")... so I'm uncertain as to whether I even qualify to be making any comment on here?  Apologies if not, and my respects to those who have indeed experienced such a tragic loss.

**Nobody knows the precise time of death due to her penchant for sleep, her pathetically weak heartbeat, and the nigh on invisible signs of breathing, but when grandad knows, grandad knows!
xxx  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Are the taunts of "The old guy" stood by the bus still unknown publicly?  Do we still not know what Sharpe was reacting to with his face to face "What you gonna do about it" reaction? 
Surely if it was "paedo related" and/or relating to his deceased son, then whilst his reaction would have been perfectly understandable (imo), surely someone close by could have taken the lead, and put "The old guy" in his place?  Surely matters could have become "official", be that legally (Reported/arrested/charged) or club related (ID'd and banned)?  Surely with the number of witnesses, "The old guy" would have received more "reaction" from bystanders, with comments along those lines?

Which makes me think... rightly or wrongly... that maybe his taunts were "less personal" than some on here seem to be assuming?  Maybe they were more in line with what has sadly become expected (I won't say "accepted", as it isn't!) outside a football ground?  Maybe he was reacting to being called a short-arse, or a w-anchor, or simply a banjo-playing cowherd who wasn't particularly accurate?
If that's the case, then he (Sharp) should have rose above it.   Reacting to those sort of taunts are seen as being unprofessional.  Seen as being hot-headed.

Again rightly or wrongly, I've always assumed the taunts from "The old guy" were more in keeping with my second scenario, and have therefore always perceived Sharp's reaction as being unprofessional, and not the sort of temperament we want to see from our own players?

I guess if we don't know what was said by "The old guy", we'll never know whether Sharpe is a "decent sort" or "A bit of a hot head", and this particular conversation will continue to go round and round in circles?   

*For the record, I have never been officially accused of being a paedophile, nor have I lost a child... (although having our 1 hour old granddaughter in my arms as she took her last breath** was certainly "An experience")... so I'm uncertain as to whether I even qualify to be making any comment on here?  Apologies if not, and my respects to those who have indeed experienced such a tragic loss.

**Nobody knows the precise time of death due to her penchant for sleep, her pathetically weak heartbeat, and the nigh on invisible signs of breathing, but when grandad knows, grandad knows!
xxx  

Very possible the old guy was doing the standard stuff as opposed to the vile stuff sharp has had but sometimes you just don’t know what people who react in an over the top way are going through or where they’re head is at that time , sometimes we react to stuff and it’s not the actual stuff that’s the main cause it’s just the straw 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry for your loss and your certainty qualified to comment , as in truth most of us are , very few of us go through life untouched by some of the heartbreak it can throw at us 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep I’ve lived the experience of losing a child too and that’s maybe why I cut sharp a bit of slack , for me it’s not just the direct abuse he has taken and responded to , what I felt for a long time was I hated being around people who got / get stressed , angry , up tight , ect ect ect over stuff that in my position I felt was duck all ( I know everything is relative ) and I could bubble inside and want to strangle them ,

I don’t know how recent your loss is and I know there’s bugger all anybody can say that really helps , all I can offer you is my experience and the conclusion I am at now which is , you never get over it but rather you learn to survive it and there does come a time when you can allow yourself to feel happy without feeling guilty about being happy ,

Be 4 years in December Archied. I have a long way to go but can totally relate to what you are saying. Being happy seems a long way off currently 👍

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Forgot to say sorry for your loss.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Be 4 years in December Archied. I have a long way to go but can totally relate to what you are saying. Being happy seems a long way off currently 👍

It's the greatest pain anybody could ever suffer.  It shatters you and you spend the rest of your life trying to put yourself back together.  Some of the pieces will always be missing though.  You learn to live around it, but it's never easy. Wishing you all the best.

5 minutes ago, silhillian said:

It's the greatest pain anybody could ever suffer.  It shatters you and you spend the rest of your life trying to put yourself back together.  Some of the pieces will always be missing though.  You learn to live around it, but it's never easy. Wishing you all the best.

We should probably start a new topic in the right section, but I am really sorry for your loss and you hit the nail on the head 👍