Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

12 hours ago, JJH said:

Apparently two Championship clubs are set to match our offer, so we’ll see. Depends who they are I suppose but Knight’s been training at our training ground all week so he’ll be familiar with what we have to offer.

My source is a bloke on our forum who’s nailed absolutely everything this summer. No idea who he is but he’s literally calling everything right. Understand why you’d dismiss it but honestly if he’s said it, it’ll be correct.

I’d be seriously excited if we manage to get Knight in. I had a look at your squad the other week and I was thinking I’d love us to be in for Roberts, Knights and Cashin this summer. Didn’t think we’d get 1, let alone potentially 2.

Anyway, might not happen but just wanted to gauge a consensus on whether that bid will be enough. As it’s our first bid I imagine it’ll be rejected anyway.

Clearly your ITK sources are better than ours (not difficult as we ain't got any) 😉 

Pure speculation but I could really see Leicester coming in for Knight. They are going to lose their entire midfield and adding knight’s energy (and quality) might suit them.

Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part as - if he is to be sold - having a parachute payment club in the mix could help on the price achieved

14 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Pure speculation but I could really see Leicester coming in for Knight. They are going to lose their entire midfield and adding knight’s energy (and quality) might suit them.

Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part as - if he is to be sold - having a parachute payment club in the mix could help on the price achieved

Cant see it myself, as it looks like they’re going to get peps number 2 as manager. I love knight but think he’d be poor in a side where midfielders need to have great vision and precise passing.

9 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

I thought Bristol were skint/close to skint.  Is this spree there final pooh or bust attempt at getting into the Prem?

They’re probably going to cash in on their prized asset with Alex Scott being linked with a big money move to the prem. Maybe they’re getting business done now knowing there’s a cash windfall coming their way soon to balance it out

55 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Never really got the hype around him but he's a solid championship midfielder, will run all day for you and rarely gets injured. He's no Craig Bryson though.

You see, Bryson's another one where I just don't know what he was especially good at in terms of attributes - he was just extremely effective.

The one thing that Bryson had going for him over Knight was his goal contributions (80-odd over his time with us).

Edited by Scott129

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

They’re probably going to cash in on their prized asset with Alex Scott being linked with a big money move to the prem. Maybe they’re getting business done now knowing there’s a cash windfall coming their way soon to balance it out

They seemed to be in a pretty deep hole not so long ago which would suggest it'd take more than one sale to get out of.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They seemed to be in a pretty deep hole not so long ago which would suggest it'd take more than one sale to get out of.

And yet here they are, spending money on two centre backs, signing another on a free transfer and rumoured to be bidding for Knight 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Just offered a potential explanation, I don’t know the ins and outs of their accounts. Their owner is a billionaire so perhaps he’s found a way to get them out of the hole they were in. 

Also they’ve moved on some high earners haven’t they? Perhaps with those wages off the bill and the way costs and ffp are looked at over a three year period perhaps they’re in an alright spot after all.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or maybe he watched us and thought "Y'know what, I can get a lot more out of those players than Paul Warne is getting..." 😉

He failed to get more from a far better group of players than Warne currently has at his disposal when he managed us to just 3 wins in 14 games 😉

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Never really got the hype around him but he's a solid championship midfielder, will run all day for you and rarely gets injured. He's no Craig Bryson though.

Knight turned 22 in February, at the same age Bryson was going on a free transfer from Clyde to Kilmarnock.  Bryson was in his prime at Derby at around 28.

…….……………….hardly a fair comparison.👍