Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, JJH said:

We’re not looking to cut it mate, we’ve cut it massively with big earners like Kalas, Da Silva, Baker, Bentley etc all departing this year. That’s about £100k per week right there, so even if we have Knights £20k a week it wouldn’t be an issue. 

Pearson only managed you lot for something like 13 games didn’t he? He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s a pretty good man manager, Knight would enjoy playing under him I imagine. 

I don’t know because I don’t know who the bloke is to say. If he’s a club employee and he’s been in touch with his agent (which is probably how he knows) then that’ll be how I imagine, but that’s pure speculation on my part.

If that's the case, he'd better like the colour of a P45 putting information in the public domain that could cost millions.  Never going to happen.

I reckon it's some bloke wearing piss stained trackie bottoms from the lost and found who only gets out every 10 years and saw Knight getting a Costa Coffee.  Sort of bloke who wouldn't realise Knight was training with the Ireland squad in Bristol as he's busy putting together a dossier on other clubs finances 24hrs a day, all whilst hypocritically glossing over his own teams shortcomings and that losing 400k a week is fine and doesn't constitute spending above your means at all.

I can think of one who fits the bill.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If that's the case, he'd better like the colour of a P45 putting information in the public domain that could cost millions.  Never going to happen.

I reckon it's some bloke wearing piss stained trackie bottoms from the lost and found who only gets out every 10 years and saw Knight getting a Costa Coffee.  Sort of bloke who wouldn't realise Knight was training with the Ireland squad in Bristol as he's busy putting together a dossier on other clubs finances 24hrs a day, all whilst hypocritically glossing over his own teams shortcomings and that losing 400k a week is fine and doesn't constitute spending above your means at all.

I can think of one who fits the bill.

Why are you so rattled about a football rumour? Genuinely weird mate, I hope everything’s alright at home.

Just now, JJH said:

Why are you so rattled about a football rumour? Genuinely weird mate, I hope everything’s alright at home.

I'm not rattled mate, but I do have a genuine distaste for a few clubs after their constant b******* for 2 years when we were in trouble.  Your lot are on my s*** list as Derby getting liquidated was top of youy agenda for 18 months.  Nearly 200 pages.  That's genuinely weird. 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not rattled mate, but I do have a genuine distaste for a few clubs after their constant b******* for 2 years when we were in trouble.  Your lot are on my s*** list as Derby getting liquidated was top of youy agenda for 18 months.  Nearly 200 pages.  That's genuinely weird. 

You quite clearly are, have a brandy and chill out for f*** sake.

I can’t remember ever even having a conversation with any other Bristol City fan about the prospect of Derby getting liquidated, but please do carry on spouting off.

2 minutes ago, JJH said:

I can’t remember ever even having a conversation with any other Bristol City fan about the prospect of Derby getting liquidated, but please do carry on spouting off.

Literally nobody is asking you to spend your time on here. I think your smugness is probably getting on peoples' tits and telling folk on here how and what they can post won't help. 

Just now, JJH said:

Knock yourself out

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/212464-derby-county/#comment-4111923

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Literally nobody is asking you to spend your time on here. I think your smugness is probably getting on peoples' tits and telling folk on here how and what they can post won't help. 

Smug about what, exactly? I don’t think he’ll sign, certainly not at that price. 

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don’t post on OTIB and haven’t for about 10 years, but I just picked a few pages at random to go through and I can’t see anybody pleading for your liquidation.

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

He played lots at right back because we had no one else?

And even when he wasn't playing as a fullback/wingback, we really didn't play to his strengths that often.  His best performances for Derby have pretty much all been in a team that has a lot of possession and playing off a target man (Chris Martin and Kazim-Richards). Basically doing what Bryson did for McClaren's team.  You want him making runs off intelligent strikers in the final third, not chasing lost causes because you've lumped a big diagonal ball in his vague direction.  It's no surprise his best performances last season came when he was playing in behind McGoldrick and we were actually trying to pass the ball to each other.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And even when he wasn't playing as a fullback/wingback, we really didn't play to his strengths that often.  His best performances for Derby have pretty much all been in a team that has a lot of possession and playing off a target man (Chris Martin and Kazim-Richards). Basically doing what Bryson did for McClaren's team.  You want him making runs off intelligent strikers in the final third, not chasing lost causes because you've lumped a big diagonal ball in his vague direction.  It's no surprise his best performances last season came when he was playing in behind McGoldrick and we were actually trying to pass the ball to each other.

Its all about opinion but I think his best performances by far were at right back.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its all about opinion but I think his best performances by far were at right back.

I think he did a good job there, and (certainly under Rosenior) we were a team that had a lot of possession and he had had licence to get forward, support the forwards and do some of the stuff he's good at.

The games where he struggled most where we he was stuck in a 2-man midfield (where you're limiting his opportunities to get forwards), and where he was at wingback (where he just doesn't have the skillset to hit the byline and cross, or the positional knowledge for when to get forwards, stay back etc).

Who’d of thought a few years ago we’d likely lose some of our best youth assets to clubs like Bristol city … cheers Mel.

Hopefully with a few interested we can make a bit of a bidding war and get the best price for him. What ever happens hopefully it’s best for Knighty top player given everything for us