West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I get that, but Contrast tonight against Liverpool at anfield, like chalk and cheese. By all means go ouT of the cup but make an effort at least.

even Warne couldn’t be arsed with tonight

“Win or lose, I’m not too bothered. That’s the honest truth.”

I think the timing of both goals pretty much directed the pattern of how each half went, and I can’t blame Warne for accepting defeat and looking towards the league.

We know we have a small squad, if we’re now without Bird as well as McGoldrick and Sibley for however long, then we’re looking very thin.

We have one day to rectify that, if not this small group have another 19 games to go to try and get us promoted. Warne will be judged on whether we get promoted or not, not if we get knocked out by a PL side in the 5th round rather than the 4th round.

It’s disappointing to see us beaten by any side comfortably, but we have bigger ambitions to focus on.

Just back in....

A fairly drab game lacking a spark and I don't the boys hearts were in it particularly,especially after the first goal.

Couldn't really fault our players other than the hopeless and ineffective Collins once again...other than his enthusiasm,I really don't know what he offers the team?

He's always in the wrong place,doesn't win headers,doesn't hold the ball,doesn't control the when he does occasionally come into contact with it,has a terrible first touch and worst of all,never scores from open play.

He's like waghorn without any of his limited ability.

If only Dobbin had a shot in him,I don't think we'd see Collins start another game.

Anyway,the league's all I'm interested in,this was a sideshow that,with our limited squad,we didn't really need to be involved any further in.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Disappointing tonight.  Don’t think we gave a great account of ourselves. Too passive at times but maybe they were too good. Thought we started to rough them up a bit just before half time but other than that they were comfortable. Agree the timing of the goals against the run of play both times killed the game.

Collins is getting grief, he was outclassed by good defenders. I remember when we played Chelsea in the cup and Gary Cahill made Chrissy Martin at the peak of his powers look second rate, and then did the same again when England played Scotland. 

We move on, I won’t be there but look forward to seeing us have a bigger attendance v Morecambe - that’s shows what a draw West Ham are (not much) and shows what really matters. Red dogs would’ve sold out tonight and had 15000 on Saturday against Morecambe. 

? for Max but doesn’t sound promising. Ruined the night.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The first game in 2023 that we haven't won and the end of a 19 game unbeaten run in all competitions. Meh.

Let's focus on getting the hell out of League One.

COYR

Too right, we draw a line under tonight, as we won’t be playing teams of this calibre again this season.

Real difference was they broke fast, we’re clinical, exactly what you would expect; we had neither the guile or pace down the middle of our attack, to really do the same. Few people been a bit too harsh.

We focus on our priority and we are well capable of carrying on our league form.

Truth is a Premier League team will always beat a League One team if their attitude is right. Fair play to West Ham, they were up for it, very professional and managed the game very well.

What I would say though is that for those at the game, heck the West Ham fans were flaming annoying, no?

For us watching on TV, Joe Cole was an incredible pain in the rear seating area.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

If I’m being critical, based on tonight I’m not sure ‘Warneball’ suits playing higher league opposition because you aren’t positionally disciplined enough. Not that I don’t like his ideas and how he sees football, I’m just not sure it works against a better opposition

Said this before the game. We are very open and better sides will punish you.