West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

10 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

Looooool to the west ham fans singing "youve only come to see the west ham" when we had bigger attendances for accrington and bolton ?

Indeed.

Out ground is too big for us, but we've had god knows how many bigger attendances against teams far smaller than West Ham

We've only come to see the West Ham, and yet... not that many of us showed up. Kind of defeats their point.

Not that football chants should taken seriously, but use your brains lads.

Edited by Kokosnuss

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Collins just isn't cutting it. And that's not just based on today's game. When mcgoldrick plays, he not only gets on the scoresheet but he makes the ball stick, he can find pockets of space, he can go past players. Pass and move. I can go on. I think we need another option up top.

I agree. He’s never quite in the right position, possibly because he’s chasing around out wide  or in midfield. He could be a strong cf, but I think we need a fox in the box

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I haven't watched or been to many if any games over the past couple of months for reasons that I don't feel comfortable about sharing.

Hence why I haven't posted much on here over that period as I really have nothing to contribute especially on the matchday threads. 

So the game tonight was the first match I've actually watched in a while so I was able to at least post some comments after having viewed it first hand. 

So your comments about posting on here when we lose again are really quite unfortunate.

Fair enough?

We've had our stupid little run ins but I hope the things that have stopped you watching / posting have a positive outcome.

(or a negative outcome if it's something where that would be better)

The more people online to lose my s*** at for their stupid opinions the better ? (just not for my blood pressure)

Edited by Kokosnuss

18 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

So he wasn't isolated but he was isolated then?!

Maybe if we had played closer to him, his first touch/mis-control could have turned into a pass instead?

Through his own shitness.  Notably we left him on his own waving his arms at himself for 20 minutes and stopped passing to him.

Knew we wouldnt win as soon as saw Didzy wasnt starting and it was all a bit meh. Not that disappointed with such a small squad. As soon as PW saw wasnt working subbed off key players for Saturday. 
Good points - dobbin not on fire so hopefully no recall tomorrow, unbeaten run broken against PL opposition not in league, none of youngsters really shone so hopefully no late bids

Bad points - Collins shouting at everyone else (just hate it - look at yourself first perhaps), Max (hope not too serious), most stupid away fans (you've only come to see us, being typical cockneys giving it the big I am when they beat a league 1 team of youngsters and oldies 2-0) 

Anyway bank the cash and move on. A year ago very nearly out of existence. Love my Derby ??

12 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I totally agree but Forest Green couldn't play through our press.  West ham could.  That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Whatever you think of their performances this year west hams players are miles better than ours.   Better technically, fitter, faster, stronger.

The timing of the goals meant they were able to sit back and keep us at arm's length.   It didn't look great for us and we never looked like laying a glove on them but you can't just put that on our players.  The quality of the opponent comes into it too.

And that was it. You watched their back 3 .. so comfortable on the ball when under pressure. Much as I like him, Collins touch was poor today for sure, but the quality of what he faced was 2 leagues apart. They seamlessly shifted from 3 to 5 as they won and lost possession. It was interesting when Cash came on how much more composed we looked. It’s about quality. We did well and weren’t disgraced. There isn’t THAT big a gap but it’s there in all those 50/50 moments, in consistency and the number of unforced errors. 

Thought Roberts had a good game and Fozzy. Knighty did well but was out numbered. 

que sera sera …. Bring on Morcombe 

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

We can't let this defeat be the end of @Diego, we need our number 1 matchday thread starter. Unbeaten in what 14 league games? Who's beating that? ?

I’ll leave it up to the powers that be. Happy to carry on but understand rules are rules! 

8 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

Out ground is too big for us, but we've had god knows how many bigger attendances against teams far smaller than West Ham

We've only come to see the West Ham, and yet... not that many of us showed up. Kind of defeats their point.

Not that football chants should taken seriously, but use your brains lads.

Exactly - summed up when someone behind us just yelled "shut up you muppets"

47 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I completely agree. This was nothing to do with West ham. The easy thing to say is that the premier League quality showed except it didn't. A couple of well taken goals but they weren't absolutely fantastic. They just did enough. We didn't put them under anywhere near enough pressure or cause them any problems. We didn't get at them or press like we do other teams. That's nothing to do with the opposition, that's on us. We weren't good enough tonight and got beat. But it wasn't anything to do with how good West ham were.

Naaaaa. They could play Cocu ball at the back,  they had the players to do it properly - so the high press didn’t work - we didn’t high press that well is true, but while they weren’t  great, they were better than us and would have been whatever we had done. 

Lost, and lost comfortably. Slightly spawny goals for them, but I reckon they had another gear if they'd needed it. They kept so compact that we got strangled out of it. It wasn't the lack of energetic press that did us, it was that they had our measure whatever we tried.

We learned nothing new. Collins second touch is far too often a tackle. Cashin is a brilliant defender for a L1 team. McGoldrick gives us something no-one else can. Etc etc.

One thing I would take away apart from praying for Bird and McGoldrick not to be out too long...we really could use a forward tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m not sure if you’re missing the point intentionally or not.

Of course there was a chance we could win tonight, I just don’t get the huge amount of negativity when we don’t win.

The reality is we would never be expected to win tonight, if we pulled out a performance and got the win then great, but I’m not going to get the razor blades out because we were outplayed at home to a PL side and lost 2-0.

I get that, but Contrast tonight against Liverpool at anfield, like chalk and cheese. By all means go ouT of the cup but make an effort at least.

even Warne couldn’t be arsed with tonight

“Win or lose, I’m not too bothered. That’s the honest truth.”