West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

They’re quicker on the ball, quicker off the ball, more technical… pretty much every area of the pitch and every area of the game, they’re superior. It’s quite clearly indicated in the league standing and the budgets of the sides.

We’ve “been poor” because we aren’t used to playing sides of this quality. It’s no different to when we play teams in our league that we’re far superior then. We can’t do the same things against West Ham as we can against Forest Green, it just doesn’t work.

The confidence we could win is obviously based on and our form and that it’s the FA Cup where upsets often happen. We could’ve done better, but West Ham could also have been a lot worse than they have been.

I don’t think this is going to derail our season or knock any confidence out of the side in their promotion hunt. As long as we can still take positives to carry forward, and the Bird knock isn’t anything more than that, then I’m satisfied with tonight.

Yet Stevenage can turn up at Villa who had a strong squad there’s been others. We’ve been absolutely dreadful and the players haven’t put a foot in for about moved the ball quick enough. Are they knackered maybe or been running around chasing shadows. We definitely need another dimension up top as Collins might as well have gone and played for the derby trailblazers basketball team 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They’re quicker on the ball, quicker off the ball, more technical… pretty much every area of the pitch and every area of the game, they’re superior. It’s quite clearly indicated in the league standing and the budgets of the sides.

We’ve “been poor” because we aren’t used to playing sides of this quality. It’s no different to when we play teams in our league that we’re far superior then. We can’t do the same things against West Ham as we can against Forest Green, it just doesn’t work.

The confidence we could win is obviously based on and our form and that it’s the FA Cup where upsets often happen. We could’ve done better, but West Ham could also have been a lot worse than they have been.

I don’t think this is going to derail our season or knock any confidence out of the side in their promotion hunt. As long as we can still take positives to carry forward, and the Bird knock isn’t anything more than that, then I’m satisfied with tonight.

Nope. That wasn't the Derby we've seen most of the season. We didn't play well. Nothing to do with them, they threatened very little but we threatened less. Poor from us, where was the pace the closing down them attacking? All of which is nothing to do with them.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

And that’s what I think has happened. He’s picked the same side (apart from an enforced change) that’s won the last couple, they’ll have surely been given the same instructions as normal, and for whatever reason just haven’t been able to execute as well as we’re used to seeing them. There was another poster saying if we played against higher quality opposition than Port Vale the other night we’d have been punished, I think we’ve seen a bit of that tonight. Not disgraced but not at our usual level, dust down and get ready for the next one. Might be worth mixing the team up a little for the weekend, give Dobbin a start in a mobile front 3 with Barkhuizen and NML if McGoldrick isn’t fit.

I agree with the lethargic bit. NML sort of showed that from the off with his gliding around getting caught in possession. We  haven’t played our high pressing game at all , which I think would have troubled them.

Not bothered about losing to them - esp in the Cup like this-but just don’t feel that we’ve done as well as we could have. We have changed our style/ and it’s true that PW always said we wouldn’t do that .

Just now, Derbados said:

How come we matched Liverpool at Anfield, then?

Because one-off games can throw up any result, obviously. Wrexham drew with Sheffield United yesterday, that doesn’t mean they’d finish towards the top half of the Championship.

Usually though, most teams win games against teams 2 divisions below them. You can chuck out any odd result to question things, why did we get knocked out of the Pizza Cup in a group with two League 2 sides?

A West Ham side with regular starters, who could really do with a win to boost confidence. That Liverpool side was 11 changes, in a competition they cared the least about.

To criticise us for losing against West Ham because we drew with Liverpool 3 months ago doesn’t really correlate.

Just now, Kernow said:

Because one-off games can throw up any result, obviously. Wrexham drew with Sheffield United yesterday, that doesn’t mean they’d finish towards the top half of the Championship.

Usually though, most teams win games against teams 2 divisions below them. You can chuck out any odd result to question things, why did we get knocked out of the Pizza Cup in a group with two League 2 sides?

A West Ham side with regular starters, who could really do with a win to boost confidence. That Liverpool side was 11 changes, in a competition they cared the least about.

To criticise us for losing against West Ham because we drew with Liverpool 3 months ago doesn’t really correlate.

Isn’t this a one off game?