West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

i don't wanna be a negative nancy but i thought we were timid most of the game. West ham didn't get out of second gear because we allowed them to cruise the game. Thought the mentality was completely wrong from the team. they would have been dreading that game but we made it easy for them.

positives are we can focus on the run in now, long way  to go yet. lets see what we can achieve.

8 minutes ago, alram said:

i don't wanna be a negative nancy but i thought we were timid most of the game. West ham didn't get out of second gear because we allowed them to cruise the game. Thought the mentality was completely wrong from the team. they would have been dreading that game but we made it easy for them.

positives are we can focus on the run in now, long way  to go yet. lets see what we can achieve.

Totally agree.
We were far from terrible, but certainly toothless. 

I sat pondering a potential Rams goal with 15 to go.  At first thinking it would make for an ultra exciting finish... but then I just thought "Actually, they'll just change up to third gear, and kill us off again".
I don't think there was any point in the game where I thought "We're making them nervous".

Shame of course, but it's the league that really matters.  

On 31/01/2023 at 11:26, MadAmster said:

Flights, hotels et al make more than half a dozen games a season unaffordable. 2 home games thus far. Barnsley away is booked for 4 of us. Just hope now we can get tickets. It's an expensive trip too. Booked the flights with Flybe who have gone belly up so had to book with KLM now. 300 for the flight each. Put a claim in to get the Flybe money back from the credit card company... no guarantee though. Doing FGR away too. Flights and hotel booked. Again 4 of us. I know someone in the heirarchy there so we are already in. Other games this season? Possibly Wendy away and maybe Fleetwood at home. My finances will be happy to see the closed season arrive. ?

Hopefully see you at Barnsley, I’m like you, hoping to get tickets, after spending loads on bus’s, trains, hotels and flights. 

399B02D3-7958-4411-AF5F-3EB59FCDF4F4.jpeg

On 31/01/2023 at 11:19, The Last Post said:

It's what some supporters feel the need to do, Find a player to point the finger at for our failings, Collins cut a lonely figure on his own, Yes he's not been able to get the ball to stick to his feet but he never hid...no complaints from me ??

The Inquest into the West Ham game is almost over and Collins has took most of the blame. But NML has been taking the P against 3rd tier defenders all season. Up against a mediocre Prem full back - he never got a kick. So they all found it a difficult night.

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Inquest into the West Ham game is almost over and Collins has took most of the blame. But NML has been taking the P against 3rd tier defenders all season. Up against a mediocre Prem full back - he never got a kick. So they all found it a difficult night.

Can remember at least two occasions he beat his man and put a decent cross in.

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

He was one of our better players on the night along with Roberts

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

"Never got a kick" is an exaggeration, but I agree he found it allot harder and thus didn't seem to have his usual confidence, particularly when taking his man on down the outside. 

The overall point is true though : they all found it harder and I just think Collins' frustration/struggle was most obvious because their CBs were among their best players. 

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Hopefully see you at Barnsley, I’m like you, hoping to get tickets, after spending loads on bus’s, trains, hotels and flights. 

399B02D3-7958-4411-AF5F-3EB59FCDF4F4.jpeg

Ours got ridiculously expensive. We booked, initially, flights from Amsterdam to Donington. Cheapest destination and only 30 minutes from Derby by bus. The flights turned out to be cheaper via Booking.com, at £150 return each, than direct with the airline, Flybe. Last week Flybe went belly up. Because we booked through Booking.com we're not covered by ATOL so we are now pinning our hopes on the Credit Card company refunding our money. Immediately booked KLM flights into Brum at £300 apiece. The bus from EMA to Derby was a fiver return last time I used it, might be a couple of quid dearer now. Train from Brum International £25 return. All in all that's 500 apiece so far and we haven't had a drink or any food yet..... here's hoping the credit card company comes through...