West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

10 minutes ago, Diego said:

Why not eh? Why not. We can have these. Nothing to fear. 

But, If this does happen to be the end of my tenure…….

image.jpeg.cc31a6bcfea53170457d4663506f3ed9.jpeg

Free pass mate. Win or lose do the next league game. You deserve it and I'll sort any Mod out who thinks differently.

The other mods are more intelligent than me but I'm a bit harder so they won't argue. ?

Edited by uttoxram75
pathetic spelling

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Free pass mate. Win or lose do the next league game. You deserve it and I'll sort any Mod out who thinks differently.

The other mods are more intelligent than me but I'm a bit harder so they won't argue. ?

What if we lose on penalties, does it count as a loss, asking for a friend ?

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

What if we lose on penalties, does it count as a loss, asking for a friend ?

Count league games. Cups are separate. Ok, I do find it difficult to accept we didn't lose at Liverpool. How can we have not gone through to the next round if we didn't lose. Their are lies, damned lies and statistics.

The players have had three days off. I expected our glorious threadstarter to do the same! The players' reward for the long unbeaten run is that the strongest team gets to test themselves against a decent Premier League outfit. 

We will probably stay unchanged. We have 9 subs in this tournament - if they're back to fitness, Cash and Sibs probably to start on the bench to be able to bring them back in gently.

If anyone wants to see what our opponents are saying, they've had a somewhat shambolic thread up for a while: 

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185334&sid=975780e3617a5bf8bc36c1ccf06b7520

The draw for the 5th round is live on The One Show shortly after 7pm, so by the time the sides take to the field, they'll know who the winners will play. I think we'll win this - the lads are unstoppable. 

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If anyone wants to see what our opponents are saying, they've had a somewhat shambolic thread up for a while: 

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185334&sid=975780e3617a5bf8bc36c1ccf06b7520

They're saying the head to head is just in their favour - W25, D27, L24.

But I don't think that includes when we beat them 2-0 in the Charity Shield Final at Wembley in 1975. So for me it's all even.

This is a free hit for us and has got 'potential banana skin' written all over it. I just hope we don't slip on it before they do. Can't wait.

They've got the losing habit and we've got the winning habit and if we lose it, the winning run just reverts to league games and forget the cups.

COYR

Edited by Brailsford Ram

33 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

They're saying the head to head is just in their favour - W25, D27, L24.

But I don't think that includes when we beat them 2-0 in the Charity Shield Final at Wembley in 1975. So for me it's all even.

This is a free hit for us and has got 'potential banana skin' written all over it. I just hope we don't slip on it before they do. Can't wait.

They've got the losing habit and we've got the winning habit and if we lose it, the winning run just reverts to league games and forget the cups.

COYR

Seems like they're looking for a tit in goal.  Is that why Henderson wasn't playing for Forest on Wednesday

Play the team that won today with Areola in for Fabianski.

Very hard for us to rest players when we haven’t got many ! Even more difficult when we have been playing two games a week since late July - if I hear a single time comment about West Ham resting players I’ll treat them with the respect they deserve as they have hardly any games of football in a season, if they need to rest them it’s because they are not fit enough or good enough.

50 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

if I hear a single time comment about West Ham resting players I’ll treat them with the respect they deserve as they have hardly any games of football in a season,

True. But they’ll see this as a game where they can give minutes to players who aren’t getting enough action and that’s also referred to as ‘resting’ 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The players have had three days off. I expected our glorious threadstarter to do the same! The players' reward for the long unbeaten run is that the strongest team gets to test themselves against a decent Premier League outfit. 

We will probably stay unchanged. We have 9 subs in this tournament - if they're back to fitness, Cash and Sibs probably to start on the bench to be able to bring them back in gently.

The draw for the 5th round is live on The One Show shortly after 7pm, so by the time the sides take to the field, they'll know who the winners will play. I think we'll win this - the lads are unstoppable. 

I think Cashin will be back in the side.

Maybe Collins to start and McGoldrick for the last 30. 

I don't like this comment. 

"Looks like buying tickets for the home end is easy peasy"

We had this last time we played Man Utd. Some coked up glory boys in their chav suits, pissing in the Ladies with the doors open because they couldn't be bothered to queue for the Gents. ?

Not much we can do about it when our own fans aren't interested in buying tickets. I'm just trusting all the West Ham fans will be authentic East End diamond geezers and much better behaved. ?

44 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't like this comment. 

"Looks like buying tickets for the home end is easy peasy"

We had this last time we played Man Utd. Some coked up glory boys in their chav suits, pissing in the Ladies with the doors open because they couldn't be bothered to queue for the Gents. ?

Not much we can do about it when our own fans aren't interested in buying tickets. I'm just trusting all the West Ham fans will be authentic East End diamond geezers and much better behaved. ?

I know 3 West Ham fans going in the Derby end.  Came up from London in the early 70's for a job on the railway with his dad plus his own 2 kids.  Far as he's concerned though,  they've all been brought up in Derby so it's a win/win.  

My experience of West Ham fans is that they're is likely to be some bother if they're in the home end as they can't keep they're gobs shut for a second.  I remember about 10 of them singing their anthem as they wandered into the Castle and Falcon after a night time game.  Not sure if the police have found the bodies yet.