Potential fixture clash with England last 16 world cup game

littleover ram

Which game?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently we're scheduled to play Sheff Wed at home on 03 Dec at 15:00.

If England finished second in Group B (probably likely), they would also be playing the last 16 game on 03 Dec at 15:00 UK time. Would probably be Netherlands we'd be playing (Group A likely winner).

Are the EFL likely to move the fixture, if Steve Gibson gives them permission? It's going to be a bit of farce otherwise. One of our biggest home games of the season and the stadium would be half empty 

It's the only fixture clash i can see.

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Might depend on what Warne’s football is like ? (but have to be pretty bad to rather watch Southgate’s particular brand of negative, back foot tripe!)

There is zero chance of choosing an England game over Derby for me regardless of our performances and form. We could be bottom of the league and England could be playing in the final but I’d still rather watch Derby. 

I’ll watch an England game if it’s on free to view TV and I don’t have anything else to do but I don’t really get very excited anymore when the National Team is playing.

34 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

If England finished second in Group B (probably likely), they would also be playing the last 16 game on 03 Dec at 15:00 UK time. Would probably be Netherlands we'd be playing (Group A likely winner).

Are the EFL likely to move the fixture, if Steve Gibson gives them permission? It's going to be a bit of farce otherwise. One of our biggest home games of the season and the stadium would be half empty 

The stadium will not be half empty. Rams or England in Qatar.. no contest.

45 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

They'd have to give a good deal of notice to change our fixture...ie bring it forward to a Noon Kick Off, I can see this happening knowing those tools at the EFL

Derby for me all the time?

3 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Comedy gold.

Think I'm in the minority here, if the match was a nations league game or qualifiers then Derby would get the nod but as its the world cup I've got to go for England. Although I acknowledge that I probably wouldn't be at pride park even if there wasn't a clash. I'd most probably be taking a vacation to Tokyo to watch the match via Rams tv. 

Anyway if England don't top their group then they need burning at the stake so hopefully this scenario won't occur. However, if it does then the EFL needs to use some common sense and move our time/date.