Potential fixture clash with England last 16 world cup game

littleover ram

Which game?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Currently we're scheduled to play Sheff Wed at home on 03 Dec at 15:00.

If England finished second in Group B (probably likely), they would also be playing the last 16 game on 03 Dec at 15:00 UK time. Would probably be Netherlands we'd be playing (Group A likely winner).

Are the EFL likely to move the fixture, if Steve Gibson gives them permission? It's going to be a bit of farce otherwise. One of our biggest home games of the season and the stadium would be half empty 

It's the only fixture clash i can see.

Sky TV will move it to put it on TV - what other games have they got? 

I'd imagine the FA won't allow us to go ahead with the game, no chance they would want 30-40% of their viewership missing the England game on account of the biggest game ever played in tier 3. I expect them to make out it's the EFL's decision too. Bloody corrupt, I tell thee... 

Probably worth recounting a little gallows humour about Derby & England. 

There was I, sitting at Wembley for the Euro 2020 final, just before the pennos.  I randomly turn to the bloke next to me, to whom I’d not talked all match.

“Do you think we’ll win?” I asked.  “No”, he said, sadly, “I support Derby and we always lose here”.

Instantly, I knew both of us, and England, were doomed.

On 05/10/2022 at 10:44, littleover ram said:

Currently we're scheduled to play Sheff Wed at home on 03 Dec at 15:00.

If England finished second in Group B (probably likely), they would also be playing the last 16 game on 03 Dec at 15:00 UK time. Would probably be Netherlands we'd be playing (Group A likely winner).

Are the EFL likely to move the fixture, if Steve Gibson gives them permission? It's going to be a bit of farce otherwise. One of our biggest home games of the season and the stadium would be half empty 

It's the only fixture clash i can see.

If there was a fixture clash, I would consider it a bonus.... giving me another excuse not to watch any of the corrupt world cup 

I don't have to think about this question. It is the Rams everytime for me. I find most international football pretty boring. I tend to watch the National Anthems and the start of a game but often lose interest quickly and look for something else to watch or go do the washing up.

2 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I don't have to think about this question. It is the Rams everytime for me. I find most international football pretty boring. I tend to watch the National Anthems and the start of a game but often lose interest quickly and look for something else to watch or go do the washing up.

Much the same really. I don't know whether it is because we have been out of the top flight for so long but I have rarely if ever seen these England players in the flesh (Apart from Mount obvs) so no real connection. Last England game I saw live was an age ago vs Greece at Old Trafford in early 2000s with Beckham et al.

To be fair it gets a bit more engaging when England progress in a major tournament but compared to Derby doing the same it just doesn't measure up for me at least. My current ST is in South Stand, metres from the players celebrating goals. England are small white stick men on a TV screen.

"We invented football so should be smashing every foreign team out the park. We have easily all the best players in the world because the Premier League is the best league in the world. Tournments are always won by by the team that goes all out attack and destroys opponents. Southgate should pick all our attacking talent, who are the best in the world, and we'll beat anyone 5 or 6 nil. I don't want to see any of that dull negative football that got us to the World Cup semis and Euro Finals (joint 2nd best ever and best ever). Southgate just got us relegated for the first time ever in our history! Let that sink in. Our first ever relegation. It's embarrasing for the best team in the world. Get rid of Southgate and get someone in who knows how to get the best out of our incredible squad. Like...erm...Stevie G, someone with proper passion...or...erm...Frank Lampard....erm, ok there isn't actually anyone."

You all don't have to listen to any phone ins now over the world cup or post on here about England. I've covered everything.