Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

31 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Don’t get the excitement about this appointment - he’s a lower league manager whose teams play a less refined version of Rowettball and whose tactical ‘nous’ is found out at Championship level every time. Poor from DC this, especially the 4 year contract.

A manager who has experience in this league and getting out of it with a tiny club with a tiny ground and a tiny budget. Of course they are always going to struggle in the championship.

He's now manager of a Bigger club with bigger Stadium and soon a bigger budget.

Excitement is probably a strong word, for me, It's a good appointment.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

One thing about Warne he is an emotional character and builds very strong relationships with his players..so I guess we will expect to see the same togetherness and team spirit that has served us well in recent times.

I think this a question mark right now. By most accounts he seems a good man manager but on the flip side its hard to say how much disruption this will cause in the dressing room.

A lot of these players signed for Rosenior and they signed with a certain way of playing in mind. The pressure will also be ratcheted up, so it's not an easy job for him to walk into from a player management perspective.

I do feel sorry for LR. Comes across as an intelligent, hardworking, knowledgeable and all-round nice bloke!

However...I do look forward to not having two defensive midfielders in League one (didn't think we needed them in the Championship to be honest!) and not playing sidewards and backwards passes until the whole of the opposition is in front of us! 

I believe man for man, we probably have the most talented players in the division, but our style under LR showed far too much respect to the opposition.

Hopefully PW's more direct style will bring more of what we saw in the second half of the last game!

43 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Don’t get the excitement about this appointment - he’s a lower league manager whose teams play a less refined version of Rowettball and whose tactical ‘nous’ is found out at Championship level every time. Poor from DC this, especially the 4 year contract.

What league do you think Derby are in? Can I join you in the multiverse where Derby beat Villa in the final?

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

I think some of us are guilty of letting our like of Liam Rosenior the man cloud our assessment of Liam Rosenior the manager.

If we had appointed, say, Paul Lambert or Aidy Boothroyd or Darren Wassall or Justin Walker, as an interim manager to start the season and had exactly the same performances and results as what we've had this season, would we be saying that this is a harsh decision or would we be saying that it's fair enough given the appointment was only as made as an interim with no promises of getting the permanent gig?

Honestly? Yes. 

We've had a squad scraped together on a short time span after crashing into league 1. Whilst we've not had a flying start it's been a solid one and would have been a base to kick on from as players gel and further get used to be asked of them.

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t think so, but many made the comment on here. I think he got lucky.

Mel was quite successful with online dating which is where he initially made his money, the big windfall was King (Candy Crush) though.

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need to wait for a full statement from all parties.

I doubt you will get much from DC TBH other than he feels that PW is the right man for the club at this moment in time.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Why has it got to be a lamp-post? A stout fence post could possibly do the job, a brick wall is proven at that level. There are alternatives out there.

I don't want to leave brain-splatter on my own wall or fence., so lamp-post it is That stuff's a bugger to clean off - and of course in my case, there would be so much of it.

1 hour ago, Rammed79 said:

I'm pleased this has happened I think like me D.C watched the Lincoln game and thought wtf was that! 

It was easily one of the worst performances in recent history 

Cracks were also papered over against Peterborough and Wycombe at home, and if we’d lost 4-0 to Plymouth it wouldn’t have been harsh on us 

It was time for the change