Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Even the players all commented on how they saw LR as the boss. However the question still stands, LR for whatever reason hasn’t been regarded as good enough with a 58% win record with a 7th position. Would you want a new manager (interim or perm) sacked if that’s their record after 9 league games?

44% win ratio in the league. Our bread and butter.

This is obviously the determining factor.

I might get some pelters here but personally I think the potential appointment of Paul Warne is possibily the best option available to us at this stage of our " rebirth ".

LR clearly was influential in WR's team, some even suggested he was THE tactician in the set-up. Our away form was woeful last season, and continues to be so. There's absolutely no chance of promotion repeatedly making the same mistakes away from home.

If you've not listened the the BBC podcast Moment Of Truth, where he and Oxford's Karl Robinson were mic'ed up for the second half of last season, I suggest you do. He is a supreme man manager. Direct yes - very!  A complete sweary-Mary, but he can get players to run through brick walls for him. He knows what levers to pull for each of his players. I think we're all agreed we have one of the better squads in our division, but Paul Warne has done much more with lesser players and less than half our budget in this division. I listened to the podcast and did think he would be just the sort of motivator that would be ideal for us at this level. As much as I admire LR's loyalty , if you've ever seen the cameras in the dressing room, he's very vanilla and I'd even suggest uninspiring .

" But he plays hoofball doesn't he, Paul Warne? " I hear some cry. He plays with what he's got and the budget he's got.  I think he'd be licking his lips at the opportunity to work with our squad. One thing I'd be confident of, based on what I've heard of him when he was mic'ed ( is that even a word? ) up is that nothing will be left on the pitch. He demands it from every player.

I'll take that with our squad. If we're not good enough in the final analysis, I'll accept that. But it won't be for the lack of Paul Warne pushing them to their limits and accepting anything less than 100% from every player. Oh, and his track record in this division isn't too shabby, so he's not all talk.

I like everything David Clowes has done so far, measured, not knee-jerk, but I believe he's seen enough to be brave when change is needed.

We will certainly be in for a hell of a ride if we do appoint him.

DC, you've got huge gonads Sir. I applaud you.

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Meeting last night, Directors with LR, Away form an issue I'd have thought, LR admitting he's still learning, Nice guys may take a little longer to learn the tough issues of league1.

I'd like to think this was LRs call but who knows, This division needs a person who has knowledge of what's what...Warne fits the bill.

COYRs ?

Warne may fit the bill with his previous success at League one level, but does his style of play fit the bill with our current squad. I think this could be a massive mistake by the hierarchy at this club. I hope I am wrong, or perhaps Warne might adapt a different style of play, than his Rowett/ball kind of tactics/style.

Just now, Jourdan said:

This is the key point.

No one is demanding 9 wins from 9.

People feel we should be doing better and clearly so does the owner.

For those who do, I genuinely think they’re expecting too much. 14 new players without paying a penny. I think 7th is amazing and LR had so much to build on.

I think we lose Knight now in January now and potentially Bird.

All the complaints saying DC is another mad Mel is ridiculous.

He made LR interim manager as he was clearly not sure if he was the right man, much better decision than the 3-5 year contracts MM was handing out to sack a manager a short time into contracts.  It was a astute business decision if you ask me, Warne appears to know his way out of this Division so a 1 or 2 Year contract could be a wise move if its him to be appointed.  

I'd suggest we should all calm the fook down and see who is appointed and how they perform, if this goes belly up DC has invested £53M, therefore he's the one with the most to lose.

Regarding the Ashley rumours, I've heard he is only interested in buying us once we are back in the Championship.

In DC I trust, our away form simply was not good enough and LR did not seem to have the answers, we also need to hit the Onion bag a bit more often at home too.  If LR stays that's great as he is without doubt a great coach, if he goes, I wish him all the best, but, I think he needs to cut his teeth with a smaller club.

Edited by RAM1966

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For all the plelters Rowett gets, i still firmly believe a lot of it is because of his snakie exit.

The team did win plenty of games and it was nice to know what a defence that knows what it's doing was like.

Not for me. His football was dreadful, absolutely dreadful and I said so many times before he took himself off to greener grass elsewhere (thank god). A Rowett mk2 would be insufferable. 

So has it happened ? Or is it just gossip ?

I’ll back whoever is in the seat as long as we play proper football and DC a is no quick fix mug so his choices get my backing 100%.

My heart says LR needs or needed a decent run at it and am not sure he has been given that if he goes, but my head says let’s ride the roller coaster, it’s the Derby way. 

So the umpteen signings in the summer who LR signed to mould his own team now have to learn a new style with a manager the majority potentially wouldn't of signed for, style of play etc

It hasn't been great to watch but surely the new team was still adapting to LR style and 9 league games isn't long enough. 

Hope Clowes has got this right as it could all end in tears