Matchday Thread - Derby County v Peterborough United (27/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Anyone else think that their kit was too similar to ours in colour ? Wonder if that was the reason for Wildsmith’s aberration of a pass to Marriott ?  
Their normal colour is blue why the need to wear a change kit ? 

One of many things about the sport which boils my preverbial tbh. There was absolutely zero need for Posh to play in that glacier green kit. Who approves these things? 

12 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Significant stereotyping but I have travelled (and stayed at) the length and bredth of the UK; Peterborough is one of the scummiest places hands down I have visited. And being run down or economically worse off than other parts is not something I tend to score a place down for, there are some wonderful communities where the areas are depressed. I have stayed over a handful of times in hotels on overnights and, as is customory, ventured out in the evening for a meal and pint... to the very few establishements they seem to have. Typically wished I hadn't. Agree with your assessment, it is a place that doesn't seem to have any redeeming features.

I was obliged to go there a couple of years ago with a mate of mine. Went into Starbucks and they'd run out of water. I kid you not.

A good never say die attitude which won us the game. Great subs from the manager which pushed us higher up the pitch therefore, creating the pressure which got us the goals. 

Going forward for me Fozzy is a better option at left back. Give Bird time on the bench because at the moment he is not progressive enough with the ball and only slows things down. Smith or Knight in that role. Mcgoldrick is the tricky one at the min. Is he fit enough to play 70-80 mins. Managers choice. Although Collins hasn't scored he is part of the overall plan. If the midfield issues are sorted then maybe the ball can be released quicker to the forwards. 

Sibley and Dobbin to start. 

Positive start to the season even with a few things to be improved. 

Well done Liam and thanks David Clowes. 

UTR

35 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That used to be me! 

Still have friends down here who hail from Peterborough. 

I think it suffered a lot in recent years through inwards migration. 

I worked there for a few weeks in 1980 after it had suffered allot of cockney migration (it was a 'new town' designed to attract thousands of people from Greater London). It was pretty grim, but I wasn't there long enough to find out if it had any redeeming features. 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I worked there for a few weeks in 1980 after it had suffered allot of cockney migration (it was a 'new town' designed to attract thousands of people from Greater London). It was pretty grim, but I wasn't there long enough to find out if it had any redeeming features. 

That was me. Moved there in 1986 for my first job. At the time you were offered a rental flat through the development agency at council housing type rates. 

There were lots of Scots who had moved out of corby, plus people who had moved out of London when the company relocated in 1984. 

The cathedral was good. Katherine of Aragon is buried there.

There's little other historic architecture. 

Lad who sits next to me drives from Spalding, At 0-1 he says he has to go to Peterboro as his Merc is due it's service and that's the nearest one, A couple of years back he said Barry Fry was in there and was given the right Royal treatment, Couldn't do enough for him, At 2-1...I said enjoy your visit...I will he said ? 

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Lad who sits next to me drives from Spalding, At 0-1 he says he has to go to Peterboro as his Merc is due it's service and that's the nearest one, A couple of years back he said Barry Fry was in there and was given the right Royal treatment, Couldn't do enough for him, At 2-1...I said enjoy your visit...I will he said ? 

Spalding is deepest fenland. 

The only redeeming feature I recall about the fens is that property tended to be cheap. 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Spalding is deepest fenland. 

The only redeeming feature I recall about the fens is that property tended to be cheap. 

The difference in accent between Fenland and the rest of Lincs is amazing - from yokel-like to East Midlands in the space of a few miles.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually thought he was going to book Barkhuizen.

Think the ref blew up without knowing what decision he was goint to make.

I was 10 yards away and I think we got lucky , but over the season it all evens out.Liam is still backing Collins to get loads of goals. In him we trust.

1 hour ago, alram said:

it's starting to become apparent that rooney actually did very little last season except be a front man.

that was the sort of game and comeback we saw lots last season.

Yeah why didn't he play McGoldrick and Dobbin together. Always starting someone else instead of Smith... ?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I did a two week training course there when I was with Pearl Assurance. Not much character about the place ….