Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

What is it with all this Sibley sentiment. He is still struggling to live up to his hype post-Millwall 2020.  He needs to contribute more with goals and assists, and hopefully he will get another chance in the second half to evidence he can offer something consistently. Dobbin arguably has as much merit to be the first change if we need a youthful spark.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What is it with all this Sibley sentiment. He is still struggling to live up to his hype post-Millwall 2020.  He needs to contribute more with goals and assists, and hopefully he will get another chance in the second half to evidence he can offer something consistently. Dobbin arguably has as much merit to be the first change if we need a youthful spark.

The assist for Hourihane vs Oxford was sublime. Come on mate, give him fair dues.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Because the midfield as it is are all ball to feet, triangles players. There’s no one running on, moving defenders about, threatening to drop a shoulder. This isn’t a knock on any single one of Hourihane, Bird or Smith, but it’s not a trio that’s shown any signs of giving us attacking balance. There’s a reason all three have played most games as deeper midfielders  

Obviously things could change when Didzy is playing games, but for now, Sibley is needed. 

Edited by Srg

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If you have watched the games this season I don't think the evidence is in your favour. Sibley's play  as sub  has offered much in the few games we have seen and Dobbin's contribution , whilst promising , shows he is still adjusting.

41 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Smith in for Sibley, Davies still out. Here’s hoping we can get that away win monkey off our backs in the league 

33 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Gutted for Sibley. Played alright at the weekend and he needs a run of games. Not sure what message dropping him sends. Although he is being replaced by “one of the best midfielders in the league” (which I’m yet to see proven). 

The management changes but the bizarre bullying of Sibley continues. Best player from the first three games despite having to come off the bench. Effectively hauled off at HT on Saturday despite being one of our better players in a team 2-0 up. Now dropped. How to break a young player who's also the most talented member of the squad...

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The management changes but the bizarre bullying of Sibley continues. Best player from the first three games despite having to come off the bench. Effectively hauled off at HT on Saturday despite being one of our better players in a team 2-0 up. Now dropped. How to break a young player who's also the most talented member of the squad...

Bullying probably not the right word but I agree I thought he’d have kept his place tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Korey Smith will prove his worth. Trust me.

Don't disagree, but believe it is about a solid start and then using Sibley later on with tired opposition..... just hope Rosie makes positive subs early and uses the squad as a whole,  we have 5 subs that can make a difference so use them

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

How can he ever get match sharpness and fitness if he is not given a run of games? And people wonder why he hasn't really kicked on. Give him a fair chance, every other player seems to be afforded such a thing. I hope this is not the trend for the season.

17 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

The assist for Hourihane vs Oxford was sublime. Come on mate, give him fair dues.

It was a good ball, and he needs to be more consistent with assists. At the mo. the coaching team clearly have more interest in keeping a good shape and ball retention, expecting Collins, NML and Barks to create and score sufficiently. We are still in catch-up mode fitness wise, and they clearly do not fancy as yet Sibley to make a contribution in such away games. If we have the same first half, with the same players, as we did at Charlton, we will hopefully have a nice lead come half time.

39 minutes ago, jono said:

Thanks Mucker. I am not on Twitter so from the link it will only let you read so much before it fills your screen with “log in to read more”...

Same for me to be honest.
Sometimes I think "Damn, just when it was getting interesting", sometimes "Ah well, I didn't have a clue what was going on anyway", but more often than not, I just think "Thank eff for that"!  ?

Anyway... Just to prove I'm not a total technophobe, I'm going straight over to the other channel, spend a tenner, and sign up for that live Rams TV matchday visual extravaganza wotsit!  I've even opened a small beer (Hoegaarden wheatbeer 4.9%, whatever that means! ?‍♂️)

Enjoy everyone!  

??

Just now, i-Ram said:

It was a good ball, and he needs to be more consistent with assists. At the mo. the coaching team clearly have more interest in keeping a good shape and ball retention, expecting Collins, NML and Barks to create and score sufficiently. We are still in catch-up mode fitness wise, and they clearly do not fancy as yet Sibley to make a contribution in such away games. If we have the same first half, with the same players, as we did at Charlton, we will hopefully have a nice lead come half time.

He literally gets 20 mins or starts and is subbed off. He is given impossibly high standards and is never afforded a run in the team. If he doesn’t score or assist he doesn’t sniff the pitch the next game again. It’s ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

FFS calm down. It's not bullying, it's squad management. And he wasn't "hauled off at halftime" he went off early in the half after having hardly touched the ball since the break - he was visibly wilting in the sun. Plus, he played the full game at Mansfield did he not? 

Edited by Crewton