Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Hugely disappointed in the Shrewsbury response “it’s because Derby Fans trying to buy tickets in the home end”  No it is not.

It is because you have a fan who posts bellicose inflammatory statements on social media. Buying a ticket in a none designated spot is one thing. Threatening violence is an entirely different thing. Get your house in order STFC ! 

I think there's some confusion.

The nob-head's threat of violence (tweeted at 15:19) is in response to two tweets by the club... first one (Tweeted at 14:00) being about (Shrews fans) buying tickets online and the club ticket office only being open for collections (but not to purchase at the counter).  Their second/follow up tweet (Tweeted 14:01) is the "This is due to Derby fans attempting to buy tickets in home parts of the stadium." 

It's all arse about face, and I'm neither an expert nor a tweety-member, but if you click on the link in the post above (By @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta), you'll see the clubs second tweet quoted under the nob-head's tweet, and a link to "Show this thread".
It appears (to me at least) to make a little more sense then.

My understanding therefore, is that the club are not condoning the nob-head's threats of violence... or even responding to it in any way.  (Understandably).

?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think this is nonsense. If Shrewsbury park the bus it's vital to have Sibley in the starting line up to try to unlock the defence with sharp passes or long shots, rather than all the others passing it backwards and forwards in front of a packed defence. 

Exactly. That’s why you have aggressive or creative players. They run through or jump over buses. That’s their job ! 
Sound, reliable and solid belongs to a different sort of player. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Not going to lie I still don't quite how that midfield is supposed to work and I feel like I'm missing what Smith is adding in that more advanced role.

I think it’s “away” tactics and if we are struggling bring on Sibbo or McGoldrick ( or both ? )

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Exactly. That’s why you have aggressive or creative players. They run through or jump over buses. That’s their job ! 
Sound, reliable and solid belongs to a different sort of player. 

Other than the odd run sibley has been largely ineffective and NML and barkhuizen have ultimately scored goals that have won us games therefore I'd rather them play 

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think there's some confusion.

The nob-head's threat of violence (tweeted at 15:19) is in response to two tweets by the club... first one (Tweeted at 14:00) being about (Shrews fans) buying tickets online and the club ticket office only being open for collections (but not to purchase at the counter).  Their second/follow up tweet (Tweeted 14:01) is the "This is due to Derby fans attempting to buy tickets in home parts of the stadium." 

It's all arse about face, and I'm neither an expert nor a tweety-member, but if you click on the link in the post above (By @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta), you'll see the clubs second tweet quoted under the nob-head's tweet, and a link to "Show this thread".
It appears (to me at least) to make a little more sense then.

My understanding therefore, is that the club are not condoning the nob-head's threats of violence... or even responding to it in any way.  (Understandably).

?‍♂️

Thanks Mucker. I am not on Twitter so from the link it will only let you read so much before it fills your screen with “log in to read more” the STFC response seems to come straight after the knob’s comment. … Anyway apologies if due to all concerned .. except aforementioned knob. 

It seems from some posts here that we have a presence in the home end. Just behave please. It’s a game, wait till we win it, get home, and then Shout your mouth off (with apologies to B Cloughie esq ) 

5 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Other than the odd run sibley has been largely ineffective and NML and barkhuizen have ultimately scored goals that have won us games therefore I'd rather them play 

Urrrrm .. I think they already are ? 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Thanks Mucker. I am not on Twitter so from the link it will only let you read so much before it fills your screen with “log in to read more” the STFC response seems to come straight after the knob’s comment. … Anyway apologies if due to all concerned .. except aforementioned knob. 

It seems from some posts here that we have a presence in the home end. Just behave please. It’s a game, wait till we win it, get home, and then Shout your mouth off (with apologies to B Cloughie esq ) 

20220816_190913.thumb.jpg.d2de9d4514597567969221ce7cd66129.jpg

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Gutted for Sibley. Played alright at the weekend and he needs a run of games. Not sure what message dropping him sends. Although he is being replaced by “one of the best midfielders in the league” (which I’m yet to see proven). 

He looked knackered after HT, wasn't getting ahead of defenders to receive the ball, barely touched it. Don't forget, he played the full 90 in the game at Mansfield, a tough intense physical cup tie. It could be simply he's getting a rest while we play a tighter game for the first hour. 

Think of it as squad rotation, not "being dropped". 

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Not going to lie I still don't quite how that midfield is supposed to work and I feel like I'm missing what Smith is adding in that more advanced role.

Yep , I hope Smith gets loads of assists as he has only scored 3 goals in his last THREE HUNDRED GAMES.