Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The management changes but the bizarre bullying of Sibley continues. Best player from the first three games despite having to come off the bench. Effectively hauled off at HT on Saturday despite being one of our better players in a team 2-0 up. Now dropped. How to break a young player who's also the most talented member of the squad...

Hope bullying is too strong a word and that decision making being explained positively. Louie needs a better run to try and prove himself. We were on the back foot after he was subbed on Saturday even though he was less busy by then but we missed him playing further forward. I like Louie and hope it clicks again for him. At his age I am surprised he did seem to slow bearing in mind the continuing energy of Knight, Bird and Cashin. Perhaps its fitness that is he needs to work on which is entirely in his own hands if so? Really hopes it works out as like him a lot

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

He literally gets 20 mins or starts and is subbed off. He is given impossibly high standards and is never afforded a run in the team. If he doesn’t score or assist he doesn’t sniff the pitch the next game again. It’s ridiculous. 

I hear you, but 3 different first team coaching staff have worked with him over the last couple of years and he is clearly not totally impressing them. I am on @Magicman. I do want him to kick on, but it seems a sensible decision to me tonight to go as selected, bringing him on if we need a change up.

18 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Bullying probably not the right word but I agree I thought he’d have kept his place tonight. 

I got a feeling that Sibley will start home games and Smith will start away games as he is a bit more defensive.???????

Bullying? Oh come on. Only 11 players can start, the management decide who best to pick for any particular game. To suggest that leaving Sibley out is bullying is melodramatic to say the least (as well as childish).  I’m a fan of his, but he is hardly the messiah. 

Edited by LazloW