Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

I don’t understand what we are trying to do.

All possession to get into a one vs one position with NML? By the time we are in a crossing position Shrewsbury have five defenders in the box vs two attackers.

But it has taken 40 passes and two minutes just to get there…

It’s been easy for Shrewsbury so far.

Dominant display which has seen us get into some decent positions out wide. Frustratingly the delivery has either been poor or when a decent ball has found its way over then no-one has gambled to get on the end of it.  

Keep the faith, these will tire and more space will appear. We just need to be more clinical.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

All possession to get into a one vs one position with NML? By the time we are in a crossing position Shrewsbury have five defenders in the box vs two attackers.

It’s almost like we need a quick burst of pace through the middle or out wide?

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

It's very one dimensional at the moment,when we move forwards it's constantly knocked straight to the wings for a cross,which get nowhere near capitalizing on.

We need some runners down the middle too,if nothing else but to mix it up and throw some uncertainty into Shrewsburys defence.

Dominated the half without being that threatening. Arguably had the 2 best chances with Barkhuizens & Stearmans chances.

Cant stand this playing out from the back especially against a team who pack the defence, just end up with 7-10 players behind the ball and no way through, hence no shots.

2nd half, need more tempo going forward and better quality crosses, keep hitting the first man or over hit so far.

Very frustrating to watch. How many times are we going to work it down the left with Hourihane and Barkhuizen, then pass it to Roberts for him to turn around, jog down the line until he's pressured, and pass it back to Cashin. 

We're also not the same team with Bird/Smith/Hourihane as a three. Sibley on for me, he should have started. Or Smith to RB and Knight into midfield. We need legs in there.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

A lot of that this season so far with very little supply up the left hand side to Barkhauzen from midfielders or defenders so it’s been mendiz Lang or bust with a little help from Sibley