Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

Just now, DavesaRam said:

So how come it is only Sibley who gets dropped regardless of what he produces, while other players churn out loads if dross and keep getting picked to produce even more dross?

Well, on one hand you could argue it’s because the management look at him train every day, see how he plays, decide how they want to set up for different games and have decided that, on balance, Sibley is the player that has to make way. 

On the other hand, you could decide that several managers in a row, what? just don’t like him as a person?

What’s more likely? Managers don’t fancy him as a player (and I appreciate you don’t agree with them - neither do I) or that there is some kind of nasty conspiracy against him or he is being bullied. 

You might also consider that in the last couple of seasons we’ve hardly been awash with options, so naturally some players were getting more game time than they might’ve deserved. Sibley may have been playing in an area where options did exists. Unfortunate but not sinister.

While I like him, I wouldn’t say he has been outstanding or obviously first name on the team sheet.