Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

I don't know if I'm being ridiculous but I can't actually see TL going unless he had no other alternative, e.g for the benefit of the club.

His contract is up at the end of the season so if he wants to go, he will have his pick in a few months where the clubs don't have to pay any transfer fee at all for him. That means he could see the money they've saved coming his way either in slightly higher ways, or a sign on bonus. At the same time, he's captain of the club for a few more months in a relegation battle where everybody is digging in and battling to survive together. He seems to really enjoy playing for Derby, and some of that I assume is out of gratitude for how he's treated here given what's happened in the past. Things could have really gone a different way for TL here after the drink-drive incident, I'd be surprised if he doesn't feel indebted to the club and the fans in some way at least.

He has the chance to be part of something special here whilst also earning very decent money. If not he can go off and move to a side at the opposite end of the table for nothing. I'm not sure he'd be ready for a side any higher than that, so the likes of Bournemouth may want him now, but if they get promoted will he get much of a look in next year? I'm not too sure.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I don't know if I'm being ridiculous but I can't actually see TL going unless he had no other alternative, e.g for the benefit of the club.

His contract is up at the end of the season so if he wants to go, he will have his pick in a few months where the clubs don't have to pay any transfer fee at all for him. That means he could see the money they've saved coming his way either in slightly higher ways, or a sign on bonus. At the same time, he's captain of the club for a few more months in a relegation battle where everybody is digging in and battling to survive together. He seems to really enjoy playing for Derby, and some of that I assume is out of gratitude for how he's treated here given what's happened in the past. Things could have really gone a different way for TL here after the drink-drive incident, I'd be surprised if he doesn't feel indebted to the club and the fans in some way at least.

He has the chance to be part of something special here whilst also earning very decent money. If not he can go off and move to a side at the opposite end of the table for nothing. I'm not sure he'd be ready for a side any higher than that, so the likes of Bournemouth may want him now, but if they get promoted will he get much of a look in next year? I'm not too sure.

I get what you’re saying, but would you turn down a guaranteed multi year contract if someone comes in for him, or run the risk of serious injury in the next few games and have no wages coming in after this summer 

28 minutes ago, Maharan said:

I get what you’re saying, but would you turn down a guaranteed multi year contract if someone comes in for him, or run the risk of serious injury in the next few games and have no wages coming in after this summer 

Does he get his driving licence back before June? That must be a bigger risk for him.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dunno. Ask Curtis what he thinks?

Different scenario and points in their respective careers. I don’t want him to go, but I’d understand if he did. 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Does he get his driving licence back before June? That must be a bigger risk for him.

Oh yeah.. that too! 

I really think we need a special song for the fella come Sunday, rather than the generic Super Tom one.

Maybe adapt a Beatles song, they always go down well?

Something by the Car's perhaps, or a Roy Orbison classic.

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

I really think we need a special song for the fella come Sunday, rather than the generic Super Tom one.

Maybe adapt a Beatles song, they always go down well?

Something by the Car's perhaps, or a Roy Orbison classic.

Madness? 

Tom likes driving in his car...

Get a taxi its not far... 

Tom will 100% stay until the end of the season unless the admins force a sale I’m sure of it. Rooney has turned down the chance to manage his boyhood club in order to try to keep us up and has shown massive faith in Tom by making him captain (when there are/were at least 10 other first teamers of better captaincy potential in my opinion!). 

With Rooney also taking on the role of God/magician, I’m half believing he might persuade Tom to give it a year in League One (with massive promotion bonus)…. Or at least sign a new contract so we get a bit of cash for him. 

40 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Tom will 100% stay until the end of the season unless the admins force a sale I’m sure of it. Rooney has turned down the chance to manage his boyhood club in order to try to keep us up and has shown massive faith in Tom by making him captain (when there are/were at least 10 other first teamers of better captaincy potential in my opinion!). 

With Rooney also taking on the role of God/magician, I’m half believing he might persuade Tom to give it a year in League One (with massive promotion bonus)…. Or at least sign a new contract so we get a bit of cash for him. 

Well maybe 93.2%

3 hours ago, Taribo said:

Unless a club offers £500k, then he’s going on Monday.

Thats a low risk deal. 

7 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

WBA lost today and are falling off automatic promotion, they were interested in Tom will they come in with a late bid of £750,000 to a million cash in their desperation, fear we have a couple of worrying days.

They're going to need a lot of cash to pay off their manager when he gets sacked.....imminently!