Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

On 01/01/2022 at 22:43, Carl Sagan said:

You're right in principle too but I guess it's a balance...

Given the EFL has capped us on 5k a week wages I just think there are only a handful of individuals who would make a major difference. Lawrence, Bielik (but he's not played) and possibly Jozwiak. So I expect the admins would not be doing their job if they weren't actively trying to shift those players out.

Then it depends on cashflow and running costs. Which might mean selling a youngster if it keeps us going for another fortnight until a deal is done. Sadly this is likely the harsh reality, unless the preferred bidder is named and then has the power to stop this should they want to.

Musing about this one. It’s got to be right especially as any takeover may face delays. Bielik and Joz don’t count for quite as much except wages .. we owe fees on them. Lawrence could make a lump sum and a dint in the wages bill. It would be sad to lose Joz and Tom with our thin squad but Feste is growing and Ravel can play Toms role, if we can extend his contract, they can fill those gaps .. we just won’t have much cover but we still have an effective 1st choice team. With 2 million banked and say 30 k of the wage bill we will be that much closer to breaking even if things drag. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Musing about this one. It’s got to be right especially as any takeover may face delays. Bielik and Joz don’t count for quite as much except wages .. we owe fees on them. Lawrence could make a lump sum and a dint in the wages bill. It would be sad to lose Joz and Tom with our thin squad but Feste is growing and Ravel can play Toms role, if we can extend his contract, they can fill those gaps .. we just won’t have much cover but we still have an effective 1st choice team. With 2 million banked and say 30 k of the wage bill we will be that much closer to breaking even if things drag. 

how the hell are we not breaking even now when we have a handful of players. Not many being on big wages. 

15 hours ago, jimbobram said:

how the hell are we not breaking even now when we have a handful of players. Not many being on big wages. 

The bulk of revenue tends to come in during the summer, with smaller amounts throughout the season. Outgoings are fairly steady throughout the season.

We're at the point where we aren't getting much in, so making losses each month.

On 04/01/2022 at 15:59, Simmo’s left foot said:

My season ticket was free, as the previous season I got 100% credited because of covid. I suspect that's what the majority opted for. Hence a huge reduction in season ticket renewal cashflow last summer.

it not free man the club has had your money sir i assume same as always and will again same as mine !

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-Derby-star-lawrence

My response would be "pay us the compensation you owe us for 2013/14 first you robbing *****" 

Yep they have to settle the Gibson and partner new play off tax first as insisted upon by the EFL - sorry QPR you beat us because we weren’t good enough to score a goal - fair enough that’s football - apparently that doesn’t matter anymore, please ask Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners first.

If the reports of us having the money in place to finish the season are true then we need to decide if we are better served letting him go now and getting something as opposed to nothing, or if we think we have a genuine shot at staying up. If we think we can stay up and we aren't in a position where we have to sell to survive, then I'd keep him.

Look back through this thread and some of the opinions on Lawrence are bonkers. Plenty of people would happily have seen him gone by now, and we'd have less points as a result and wouldn't even be within touching distance of anyone else in the division.

If we think we can stay up and we have the cash to see out the season, keep him.

Also, to add to my above post, I am fairly certain Lawrence would prefer to stay and see the job out. Worst case scenario for him is that we go down, he runs his contract down and finds a good move for himself in the summer.

Best case scenario, some sort of insane thing happens and we stay up, he stays with us and carries on.

No need to rush in to offloading him now.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Also, to add to my above post, I am fairly certain Lawrence would prefer to stay and see the job out. Worst case scenario for him is that we go down, he runs his contract down and finds a good move for himself in the summer.

Best case scenario, some sort of insane thing happens and we stay up, he stays with us and carries on.

Yes, I totally agree. If we do end up having to sell him, I hope it's to a team that haven't screwed us over, or one that is trying to screw us over, and obviously not Forest. 

33 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He’s not like Anya he’s playing and contributing - if he moves on in the summer that’s his choice and that’s the same for all but 8 players I think - the players are enjoying this season and yes money comes into it but if we survive as a club some might just want to stay whatever league we are in.

57 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the reports of us having the money in place to finish the season are true then we need to decide if we are better served letting him go now and getting something as opposed to nothing, or if we think we have a genuine shot at staying up. If we think we can stay up and we aren't in a position where we have to sell to survive, then I'd keep him.

We've absolutely got a shot of staying up.

That would disappear the moment we sold him.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We've absolutely got a shot of staying up.

That would disappear the moment we sold him.

True. Lawrence has to be kept if it is true that we have secured funding. Well if it isn’t then it is very bleak indeed so we may as well sell as many as possible to get through as much of the season as possible.