Wayne Rooney

roboto

Was pretty hacked off with the way he conducted himself under Cocu, but he did redeem himself with me after that being an absolute rock for the club through some very dark times. As such, I bear the man no ill will really, far from it. That said, watching Brum implode has been hilarious, which on reflection, only serves to make me appreciate Wazza even more.

On a serious note, management clearly does not suit him in any shape or fashion, he looks terrible and is aging rapidly. High time he stepped back, minded himself a bit and spent some time with the family, I reckon.

28 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There must be Villa fans secretly running things at Brum. The only 2 times they have been good in years, they sacked Rowett and Eustace and headed for relegation. Which ex-Ram will take over there next? Darren Moore?

Paul Jewell is still available

By sacking him they only highlight how clueless and deluded they were to appoint him in the first place. Anyone with a functioning brain could look at his first season here to see what Rooney was capable of with an average championship team, a relegation battle.

Edited by Anon

Just now, Anon said:

If they do sack him they only highlight how clueless and deluded they were to appoint him in the first place. Anyone with a functioning brain could look at his first season here to see what Rooney was capable of with an average championship team, a relegation battle.

He was sacked earlier.

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Was it Rowett they sacked in favour of Zola. I’m guessing these are different owners at this stage. I find it crazy and hilarious that they’ve managed to make the same mistake twice.

It's laughable really, The new owners set on a footballing director(forget his name)who has links to Stretford WRs agent who then sacks Eustace for the renowned WR...what could possibly go wrong 😁

The new owners now have to spunk millions of £s to pay WR off...one of who is Tom Brady a USA football icon as a Quarterback, This 2nd City club are a fecking shambles and always have been, Some of their supporters are some of the dumbest footballing feckwits in the history of footballing feckwits...today is a good day.

I like WR despise BCFC 👍

giphy.gif&ehk=HA%2BYy8hYnDMtjL%2BST57wAf

11 minutes ago, JfR said:

"However, time is the most precious commodity a manager requires and I don't believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee changes needed."

Oh my God, he actually was trying to get them relegated

“13 weeks was not sufficient to oversee the changes”. I don’t get it, what changes needed to be made. They were 6th.

You just go in and say ‘what did you do last week? Brilliant, do the same again this week, I’ll be in my office if anyone needs me.” Easy.

the definition of ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.

The idea they've had to pay even more money to get rid of him is the icing on the cake for me. There's something beautifully ironic about this whole fiasco- they came to PP and sang about us dying, only to find themselves with the exact manager we had at that time, absolutely tanking it down the league table, and with dodgy finances to go with; almost like they learned nothing from our mistakes...

Long may it continue 😂

43 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

“13 weeks was not sufficient to oversee the changes”. I don’t get it, what changes needed to be made. They were 6th.

You just go in and say ‘what did you do last week? Brilliant, do the same again this week, I’ll be in my office if anyone needs me.” Easy.

the definition of ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.

It's not that simple though. If he'd done that those players would be left wondering why the guy that had got them playing that way had been binned. Rooney was in a tough situation because I think 6th was a false position and there's no way Brum could've maintained that, but he only has himself to blame. No one forced him to take the job. No one forced him to elbow Eustace out of the way and take on unrealistic expectations. He's been deservedly punished for his hubris.

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

On a serious note, management clearly does not suit him in any shape or fashion, he looks terrible and is aging rapidly. High time he stepped back, minded himself a bit and spent some time with the family, I reckon.

I doubt it's management that's doing that tbh. I think there's a potential problem there.

It’s a sad story really. Rooney is in the thrall of toe rags most notably his toxic agent who has forced him through 3 managerial nightmares all for the sake of the money (which the agent shares). Rooney was a brilliant instinctive footballer but - as we saw -  he doesn’t have the temperament or the acumen for management.  Not does he have the acumen for punditry. 
Same thing happened in a rather different way to Bobby Charlton but it was much easier for him to find a place for himself in the world of retired football icons.
No idea what Rooney should do now. perhaps buy a flock of sheep and drive them down Irongate?  

Edited by kevinhectoring