Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

6 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Forsyth is one of the best Crossers of the ball I've seen in a derby shirt , mcgoldrick should get on the end of them too could be tasty 

When he gets it right and has movement in the box his crossing is a thing of beauty. Some of the balls in for Martin, Bryson and Russell back in the day were delicious. You'd hope he would do a good job in L1

1 minute ago, RodleyRam said:

When he gets it right and has movement in the box his crossing is a thing of beauty. Some of the balls in for Martin, Bryson and Russell back in the day were delicious. You'd hope he would do a good job in L1

Especially if we’ve got a striker in there capable of heading the ball! Liked the handful of times Forsyth arrived at the back post last season, if he stays on this year it’s potentially another strength we can exploit to add to our goals for. 

I’d be disappointed to lose Fozzy, he’s been an absolute servant to this club - yes he makes mistakes - but they’re never mistakes through a lack of effort. 

Strikes me as an absolute gent, a total ‘nice guy’, which in my opinion has let him down in his career - a bit more confidence (even arrogance) on/off the pitch and he’d have spent 10 years in the Prem, still, I’d rather have a Fozzy in the dressing room than a Mason Bennett. 

11 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Forsyth is one of the best Crossers of the ball I've seen in a derby shirt , mcgoldrick should get on the end of them too could be tasty 

When they come off they’re great, I’d say his ratio of decent to row z is about 3:1

6 hours ago, Taribo said:

I’d be disappointed to lose Fozzy, he’s been an absolute servant to this club - yes he makes mistakes - but they’re never mistakes through a lack of effort. 

Strikes me as an absolute gent, a total ‘nice guy’, which in my opinion has let him down in his career - a bit more confidence (even arrogance) on/off the pitch and he’d have spent 10 years in the Prem, still, I’d rather have a Fozzy in the dressing room than a Mason Bennett. 

I’d rather have Fozzy Bear in the dressing room than Mason Bennett. Hell, I’d rather have a real live bear.

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Honeymoon I think

He got married weeks ago. So I hope he's not still on his honeymoon, he won't be able to walk never mind run the length of a football pitch.

33 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

He got married weeks ago. So I hope he's not still on his honeymoon, he won't be able to walk never mind run the length of a football pitch.

Surley him and his agent will still be able to negotiate a deal regarding of when he got married. Concerning we don't have a left back and we have no news on Fozzy.

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Strange it's almost as if fozzie and Colin don't exist. Not a mention of either of them

Saw CKR was in Barca yesterday is he still injured? Maybe we’re waiting on collins, Fozzy I thought would of been done tbf 

Be a shame in a way if Foz doesn’t finish his career at Derby, but I don’t get this over the top appreciation. He clearly isn’t the future, and we have enough oldies in the back four squad. We haven’t got a great deal of wages to play with either. Get a decent youngster in at left back. Left back is not a position for blocking pathways. I bet we have all played left back in our time. It’s not overly difficult is it.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Be a shame in a way if Foz doesn’t finish his career at Derby, but I don’t get this over the top appreciation. He clearly isn’t the future, and we have enough oldies in the back four squad. We haven’t got a great deal of wages to play with either. Get a decent youngster in at left back. Left back is not a position for blocking pathways. I bet we have all played left back in our time. It’s not overly difficult is it.

I played left back pretty much my whole footballing career. My experience is that since most footballers are right footed and winger is where you put your paciest players, it’s a vital position.

With modern full backs having to be proficient both in defence and attack, it has become even more important. We’ve had a pretty slow, defensive midfield set-up for a while now, so full backs have been an attacking outlet.

If you attack us LBs again in public I will be forced to bring my fellow brothers out on strike! ?

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I played left back for years until the legs got tired then went in the stix, The older I got the less I ventured forward, Having a whipper snapper flying past you on the wing didn't do you any financial favours when constantly being booked for a foul or 2, Great when you're younger as you can run all day, But hit 30 and the road pass the halfway line was very rarely ventured