Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

On 17/07/2022 at 12:37, Big Trav said:

I don’t know why he’s stalling but there will come a point LR will say to him either accept it now or we don’t want you and we’ll move to other targets. Ali Koiki is someone we’re clearly interested in and I’m hearing a young LB from rangers is coming to train with us. 

Is that what you are hearing Big Trav ?☎️…..is it close ? Say hi to LR for me ?

On 18/07/2022 at 20:39, Tamworthram said:

I like Forsyth and hope we keep him but I don't get all this loyalty business on either side. We've kept him because the club has believed he could a job for us and we've not received any offers we can't refuse. He's stayed because he's either not had any better offers or he's settled here and likes it at Derby. Neither side have offered/accepted  contract extensions as a favour or to help the other party out IMO.

I get what you're saying but when does a player receive recognition then for being at the club for a long time ?

10 years ? 15 years ? all of his career?......Yes he's been paid for his services so do all players at this level but its got to mean something that Fozzy has been here through the good and bad times and he's had some bad injuries and although at the backend of his career now I think he's been on the whole a decent signing for us and although he's had some poor games he's also had some cracking games.

We did'nt pay a big fee and he's been with us a long time in todays football world where agents are constantly trying to get you a move to earn more for themselves as well as the player 

If you compare Fozzy to say Anya .... we have had good value for money with Fozzy and he always gives 100 per cent and 10 years is along time to be at one club.

I hope we keep him for another year and when he does go i also hope he gets a good send off from the fans 

On 17/07/2022 at 10:07, Mostyn6 said:

When you say “stuck by the club”, what exactly do you mean? Does it make him any different to say, Colin Kazim Richards? As far as I’m concerned he didn’t have any alternative. No clubs were trying to buy him as far as I know and he was under contract. I don’t think you should be suggesting he’s done anything special, as he hasnt. 

I kind of think it isn’t so polarised. Fozzy has been a great servant to club for a heck of a long time, never been a prima Donna. Just did his job with full commitment. Equally the club has done the right thing through his injuries and troubled times. It shouldn’t be a him and us thing. Just need to work out what is best for both. 

39 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I get what you're saying but when does a player receive recognition then for being at the club for a long time ?

10 years ? 15 years ? all of his career?......Yes he's been paid for his services so do all players at this level but its got to mean something that Fozzy has been here through the good and bad times and he's had some bad injuries and although at the backend of his career now I think he's been on the whole a decent signing for us and although he's had some poor games he's also had some cracking games.

We did'nt pay a big fee and he's been with us a long time in todays football world where agents are constantly trying to get you a move to earn more for themselves as well as the player 

If you compare Fozzy to say Anya .... we have had good value for money with Fozzy and he always gives 100 per cent and 10 years is along time to be at one club.

I hope we keep him for another year and when he does go i also hope he gets a good send off from the fans 

Again, nothing against Fozzy but why does a player need recognition for being at the club for a long time? Hasn’t he been paid well by DCFC for all those years? The fact that he’s been here through good and bad times is irrelevant as is the fee we paid for him. As I said, he’s stayed here because Derby wanted to keep him and he’s been happy to stay here but he’s not stayed as a favour to the club.

I don’t think you can really compare any player to Anya by the way but you could compare him to a whole host of other players that give 100%.

I sincerely hope he stays but not for sentimental reason - simply because I like him and think he can still do a job for Derby. I also hope that when the time comes the fans give him a good send off but it doesn’t have to be by way of a testimonial in my opinion.

I just think testimonials are an outdated concept (admittedly because players are rarely at the same club long enough now) that belong back in the day when players didn’t earn a vast amount and needed a bit of a financial helping hand when their playing days were over.

Edited by Tamworthram

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Again, nothing against Fozzy but why does a player need recognition for being at the club for a long time? Hasn’t he been paid well by DCFC for all those years? The fact that he’s been here through good and bad times is irrelevant as is the fee we paid for him. As I said, he’s stayed here because Derby wanted to keep him and he’s been happy to stay here but he’s not stayed as a favour to the club.

I don’t think you can really compare any player to Anya by the way but you could compare him to a whole host of other players that give 100%.

I sincerely hope he stays but not for sentimental reason - simply because I like him and think he can still do a job for Derby. I also hope that when the time comes the fans give him a good send off but it doesn’t have to be by way of a testimonial in my opinion.

I just think testimonials are an outdated concept (admittedly because players are rarely at the same club long enough now) that belong back in the day when players didn’t earn a vast amount and needed a bit of a financial helping hand when their playing days were over.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sentiment...we're not robots after all and he's given us value whereas others haven't and I'd be the same for any other player thats played so many games for us

When I look at the adulation Zabaleta received from the City Fans after several years there that was great to see...he earnt mega money of course he did....but football for me is never about how much a player earns its what he's given on the pitch

17 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of sentiment...we're not robots after all and he's given us value whereas others haven't and I'd be the same for any other player thats played so many games for us

When I look at the adulation Zabaleta received from the City Fans after several years there that was great to see...he earnt mega money of course he did....but football for me is never about how much a player earns its what he's given on the pitch

Did Zabaleta get a testimonial? I have no idea. If he didn’t then that kind of proves my point - you don’t need a testimonial to show your appreciation and adulation. 

I don’t really want this to look like an anti Fozzy opinion, as I say, I like him but I don’t really agree with testimonials in general. Yes he has given us value, so have others, whilst others haven’t but that’s the nature of football. Some signings work out whilst others don’t. He’s played a lot of games for us but paid well for each. As I said in an earlier post, the reasons he’s been here so long is surely because Derby wanted to keep him and it suited him to stay. Contract extensions haven’t been offered and accepted out of a sense of loyalty.

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. If he did have a testimonial I almost certainly wouldn’t come. Not as a protest, I don’t feel that strongly about it, but simply because I wouldn’t be interested enough to travel up from Tamworth. 

On 17/07/2022 at 15:04, Crewton said:

I think it's fair to say that he's stuck by the club and the club has stuck by him. He played in every single game of the 2013/14 season (53), and all but 2 the following season (51). He would have probably carried on like that in subsequent seasons, but for two terrible injuries, neither of which were his fault. AFAIK he's never been a trouble-maker, never been one of the better paid in the squad, at least until it started to be dominated by under 21s, and always been willing to play where the manager wanted him to. By any measure, for a modern-day footballer, his career at Derby has been notable.

I don't really agree with testimonials for footballers these days - most of them earn enough if they stay at one club for 10 years at Championship level, because that's a longer than average career, but i hope at least that he signs on for his 10th full season with us, not least because he'll be essential cover at LB/LCB. Then perhaps we can ensure he gets a good send off when we know it's his last game for us.

I think its not really about the money, its about the recognition.

I'm about to complete 20 years service for that I'll get a little do, a speech, a free bar and a meal.

My company don't have to do that but i appreciate they do that for people.

Despite what we are paid sometimes we dont appreciate how we are treated/respected by our employer. Footballers arent different they just earn more money than us and money isnt everything to everyone.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did Zabaleta get a testimonial? I have no idea. If he didn’t then that kind of proves my point - you don’t need a testimonial to show your appreciation and adulation. 

I don’t really want this to look like an anti Fozzy opinion, as I say, I like him but I don’t really agree with testimonials in general. Yes he has given us value, so have others, whilst others haven’t but that’s the nature of football. Some signings work out whilst others don’t. He’s played a lot of games for us but paid well for each. As I said in an earlier post, the reasons he’s been here so long is surely because Derby wanted to keep him and it suited him to stay. Contract extensions haven’t been offered and accepted out of a sense of loyalty.

I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree. If he did have a testimonial I almost certainly wouldn’t come. Not as a protest, I don’t feel that strongly about it, but simply because I wouldn’t be interested enough to travel up from Tamworth. 

No I've never said give him a testimonial so sorry if i appeared to approve of that Idea as i don't all i meant was that although it's easy to say he earnt this or that its not about the money when classifying if someone is seen as a loyal long serving player whos given us value for money...I guess what I'm trying to say is I think Fozzy is and should be recognised as big part of DCFC and he deserves a good send off and what i mean by that is a standing ovation by us fans and for him to be subbed with say ten to go in his last game so us fans can show our appreciation ....sorry if confused the point

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

No I've never said give him a testimonial so sorry if i appeared to approve of that Idea as i don't all i meant was that although it's easy to say he earnt this or that its not about the money when classifying if someone is seen as a loyal long serving player whos given us value for money...I guess what I'm trying to say is I think Fozzy is and should be recognised as big part of DCFC and he deserves a good send off and what i mean by that is a standing ovation by us fans and for him to be subbed with say ten to go in his last game so us fans can show our appreciation ....sorry if confused the point

No fozzy deverses a testimonial he been loyal and given us his all so we give him that game once he signs that new contract.

He has an agreement where we pay him his wages as per his expired contract though. So effectively a rolling week to week contract. He isn’t a free agent in the sense of being completely unattached and not being paid. So from his point of view he’s probably better off as he was no doubt on a pretty good contract. Obviously another club could offer him a deal but they would have to beat those wages. At his age etc that’s probably unlikely. So there is no urgency on either side 

23 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

He has an agreement where we pay him his wages as per his expired contract though. So effectively a rolling week to week contract. He isn’t a free agent in the sense of being completely unattached and not being paid. So from his point of view he’s probably better off as he was no doubt on a pretty good contract. Obviously another club could offer him a deal but they would have to beat those wages. At his age etc that’s probably unlikely. So there is no urgency on either side 

He's on the current (albeit incomplete) players page on the club website alongside the new signings......... and Byrne and Buchanan!

No pics of the confirmed exits like CKR.

57 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

He's on the current (albeit incomplete) players page on the club website alongside the new signings......... and Byrne and Buchanan!

No pics of the confirmed exits like CKR.

I think that’s a legal thing, my guess would be that Derby are keeping them on there and keeping quiet because that are taking legal advice about the next steps. For me sue both of them for breach of contract and ask the EFL and the German equivalent to look into the legality of the transfers (or potential ones)

22 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Wish they would hurry up and sort out his contract. I do believe he must be a registered by 12pm this Friday to be able to play angainst Oxford.

Interesting isn’t it - Forsyth who has played in the pre season game can’t play yet if Byrne turned up he could play - anyway I expect Forsyth to registered in time 

You’d have thought that the issue is he won’t play that much for us if Roberts is the real deal and maybe he can get more money on the bench in the Championship.

Hope he stays around as we will need his physicality.

11 hours ago, Mckram said:

You’d have thought that the issue is he won’t play that much for us if Roberts is the real deal and maybe he can get more money on the bench in the Championship.

Hope he stays around as we will need his physicality.

Forsyth would be the number one left back if he stays Roberts the spare