Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think fizzy deserves one to be honest like us stuck by the club through good times and really really bad times and now coming through the other side.

When you say “stuck by the club”, what exactly do you mean? Does it make him any different to say, Colin Kazim Richards? As far as I’m concerned he didn’t have any alternative. No clubs were trying to buy him as far as I know and he was under contract. I don’t think you should be suggesting he’s done anything special, as he hasnt. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

When you say “stuck by the club”, what exactly do you mean? Does it make him any different to say, Colin Kazim Richards? As far as I’m concerned he didn’t have any alternative. No clubs were trying to buy him as far as I know and he was under contract. I don’t think you should be suggesting he’s done anything special, as he hasnt. 

More consistent than Buchanan….

Agreed testimonials really are more for us as fans and I'd hope a local charity more than anything. I want him to get one, but its for about 30% setiment and 70% my own entertainment. Who doesn't love a friendly with recent players coming back to play? In terms of his contribution etc, unfortuinatly as fans with short memories, this decision to go or stay could define it

If he stays: he stayed with us through thick and thin. He's played kinda out of position (CB) many times including when he had almost no squad due to administrative incompitence. Always gave his all on the pitch, even after a couple of major injuries. Stuck with us in League 1 to seee the cycle through

If he leaves: We stuck with him through 2 major injuries with very long recovery times . We handed him a new contract whilst out with major injury when we didn't know how he'd come back, that's a big risk when you look at the money sunk into George Thornes contract extension after his injury, that money was essentially a write off. Was on good money the whole way through and after that he wanders off to the championship soon as we're struggling and his contract is up so he can earn more

Not saying I agree with either of those views really, but I suspect he'll be viewed largly one way or the other 

I hope he stays.

If I'm totally honest it may be more for sentimental reasons than footballing ones.

I do think he could have an important role to play this season but if it is a role that could be equally filled with younger legs at less cost then so be it.

The ball's in his court really, if our offer to him is acceptable he should sign, if not we should move on.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I meant fozzy

I don’t know why he’s stalling but there will come a point LR will say to him either accept it now or we don’t want you and we’ll move to other targets. Ali Koiki is someone we’re clearly interested in and I’m hearing a young LB from rangers is coming to train with us. 

33 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I don’t know why he’s stalling but there will come a point LR will say to him either accept it now or we don’t want you and we’ll move to other targets. Ali Koiki is someone we’re clearly interested in and I’m hearing a young LB from rangers is coming to train with us. 

Robbie Fraser?

I think it's fair to say that he's stuck by the club and the club has stuck by him. He played in every single game of the 2013/14 season (53), and all but 2 the following season (51). He would have probably carried on like that in subsequent seasons, but for two terrible injuries, neither of which were his fault. AFAIK he's never been a trouble-maker, never been one of the better paid in the squad, at least until it started to be dominated by under 21s, and always been willing to play where the manager wanted him to. By any measure, for a modern-day footballer, his career at Derby has been notable.

I don't really agree with testimonials for footballers these days - most of them earn enough if they stay at one club for 10 years at Championship level, because that's a longer than average career, but i hope at least that he signs on for his 10th full season with us, not least because he'll be essential cover at LB/LCB. Then perhaps we can ensure he gets a good send off when we know it's his last game for us.

On 17/07/2022 at 16:41, Mostyn6 said:

And I’m sure he’s been paid quite handsomely. He’s no more loyal than any player released after not being awarded a contract. 

Do you feel that both club and player have been equally consistent though? I.e. the loyalty goes both ways and that's something that isn't common in modern football.

For what it's worth I would like to keep him and enjoy these rare moments of sentimentality!

2 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Do you feel that both club and player have been equally consistent though? I.e. the loyalty goes both ways and that's something that isn't common in modern football.

For what it's worth I would like to keep him and enjoy these rare moments of sentimentality!

I like Forsyth and hope we keep him but I don't get all this loyalty business on either side. We've kept him because the club has believed he could a job for us and we've not received any offers we can't refuse. He's stayed because he's either not had any better offers or he's settled here and likes it at Derby. Neither side have offered/accepted  contract extensions as a favour or to help the other party out IMO.