Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

I'll be disappointed if Fozzy isn't with us for the coming season. If it's down to us not being able to meet his personal terms due to the club's financial restraints and he signs for another club. Yes he has to do what is best for him and his family, but I'll still be annoyed . If it's just down to the club not offering him the lenth of contract he wants, I'll be even more annoyed.

Hopefully a contract can be agreed to and the next signing the club announces will be Fozzy's

I do wonder if we get Ali Koiki it is because Fozzy doesn't look like he is signing a new deal. Being 33 I can only imagine that the club want to give him a one year deal but he wants two.

I hope it gets sorted anyways. He’s a solid left back with plenty of experience and will help gel the sqaud together with all the new boys.

Probably in the minority but I'm just not fussed.  I've never rated him even before his ops and that performance against Sheff Wednesday was horrific and in any normal circumstance would have been game over .  If hes' playing hard ball let him play it somewhere else.  No loss for me. 

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably in the minority but I'm just not fussed.  I've never rated him even before his ops and that performance against Sheff Wednesday was horrific and in any normal circumstance would have been game over .  If hes' playing hard ball let him play it somewhere else.  No loss for me. 

Perfect player for league one for a team that wants to return to the championship 

Would love him to stay and get a testimonial. Great servant. When hes only had one poor season which was under Rowett after his second injury when he was clearly thinking about his knee when playing, I honestly thought he was finished at the point. But he’s come back and proven us wrong time and time again. Would be one of the best full backs in league 1

49 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Would love him to stay and get a testimonial. Great servant. When hes only had one poor season which was under Rowett after his second injury when he was clearly thinking about his knee when playing, I honestly thought he was finished at the point. But he’s come back and proven us wrong time and time again. Would be one of the best full backs in league 1

would love him to stay but not fussed about him getting a testimonial. Yes he's been here a long time (great servant as you call it) but he's been well paid along the way. I reckon, long gone are the days when long serving players need a testimonial to help set them up for life after football. Harsh maybe but fair IMO.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

With you to a degree. You would think him Maldini the way are some going on. He is a good guy it seems and an able footballer but his best has gone and we really need someone younger and hungrier in that position. No room for sentimentality in football. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

With you to a degree. You would think him Maldini the way are some going on. He is a good guy it seems and an able footballer but his best has gone and we really need someone younger and hungrier in that position. No room for sentimentality in football. 

His best may be gone, but what he has left may be plenty for L1. Big lad at full back can be a bonus with some of the lump it and run after it football we'll  be on the end of...and he can cross a ball with tolerable consistency.

Edited by Needlesh

7 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

His best may be gone, but what he has left may be plenty for L1. Big lad at full back can be a bonus with some of the lump it and run after it football we'll  be on the end of...and he can cross a ball with tolerable consistency.

Can’t argue with any of that. Just think that he isn’t as essential as so many seem to think he is. It’s almost mawkish sentimentality. We need to be looking to the future in certain positions. A younger left back is one position that fits the bill.  If the coaching staff are not convinced regarding Stretton or Cybulski I would like to see another young lad signed for that role too.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Can’t argue with any of that. Just think that he isn’t as essential as so many seem to think he is. It’s almost mawkish sentimentality. We need to be looking to the future in certain positions. A younger left back is one position that fits the bill.  If the coaching staff are not convinced regarding Stretton or Cybulski I would like to see another young lad signed for that role too.

Essential, no. Guilty as charged though tbh; I'd love to see Foz get 10 years here for sentimental reasons too.