Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

Interesting slant on it here giving the impression Forsyth is leaving us at the end of his contract regardless of offers.

Also says APOEL in Cyprus are interested in him.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/06/30/sunderland-interested-in-departing-derby-county-man-report-claims/

"The 33-year-old has always been available for selection and rarely misses long periods of time through injury."

Only missed the majority of 3 seasons due to major injuries ?

I do hope the club offer Fozzy a new contract. Even if, as been speculated, we play with 3 centre backs. I think he could still do a good job for us as a wing back.

Unless the club have a decent loan player lined up for that position, I don't think there's anyone that is available on a free that is better than Fozzy.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

I do hope the club offer Fozzy a new contract. Even if, as been speculated, we play with 3 centre backs. I think he could still do a good job for us as a wing back.

Unless the club have a decent loan player lined up for that position, I don't think there's anyone that is available on a free that is better than Fozzy.

The thing with Fozzy is he could play as a left wing back or left sided centre back in that system. Brings experience, doesn't have a big ego and will help knit the team together.

Fozzy is an absolute warrior and as staunch as they come. Three ACLs, three knee reconstructions, thousands of hours of gruelling and unpleasant physio and around a year and a half training away from the lads doing solo work. His form is up and down in recent times, but to me he's a fookin hero and I hope he stays at Derby until he hangs up his boots. 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard about Forsyth yet. You would think that he would be one to stick around, obviously an erratic player but defensively he's always been very sound. The ball at his feet, he's very hit and miss, but I've always been a big fan of him defensively. 

Some of the passes he can make are a forwards dream though. The pass to Lawrence against forest was beautiful