Craig Forsyth - Signed one year contract

Rample

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Saw CKR was in Barca yesterday is he still injured? Maybe we’re waiting on collins, Fozzy I thought would of been done tbf 

3 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Barcelona are having to tighten the purse strings

Makes sense. If they don't get Lewandowski, I think we'll lose CKR.

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I played left back for years until the legs got tired then went in the stix, The older I got the less I ventured forward, Having a whipper snapper flying past you on the wing didn't do you any financial favours when constantly being booked for a foul or 2, Great when you're younger as you can run all day, But hit 30 and the road pass the halfway line was very rarely ventured

I found my apologies to referees and wounded wingers got much more professional as my career went on.

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I played left back pretty much my whole footballing career. My experience is that since most footballers are right footed and winger is where you put your paciest players, it’s a vital position.

With modern full backs having to be proficient both in defence and attack, it has become even more important. We’ve had a pretty slow, defensive midfield set-up for a while now, so full backs have been an attacking outlet.

If you attack us LBs again in public I will be forced to bring my fellow brothers out on strike! ?

Ha ha. Sorry to upset the Left Back Union inc. @Unlucky Alf  

l must come from a different part of the Country. When we were young, the worst player always played left back. When it became more serious the biggest thug was put at left back, to kick the speedy right winger into touch 3 times in the first 10 minutes, irrespective where the ball was on the pitch.  You are either crap or a thug Anag Ram which is it?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

l must come from a different part of the Country. When we were young, the worst player always played left back. When it became more serious the biggest thug was put at left back, to kick the speedy right winger into touch 3 times in the first 10 minutes, irrespective where the ball was on the pitch.  You are either crap or a thug Anag Ram which is it?

Both ?

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No not upset i-Ram, I was a pretty good left back who could mix it when needed?, As the trophies I won was a testament to my football prowess, Believe me I've played against some thugs in my time...most were Miners from down t pit, They'd kick you up hill and down dale just for fun, You had to toughen up pretty quick, I was a pretty quick learner as my disciplinary record was proof enough, When playing in the Derbyshire County Cup you travelled far and beyond your comfort zone, Thugs not only played at left back...they played all over the park and if you didn't get an appointed official...their cheating non playing thug would officiate and his equally thug of a Brother would run the line.

Not knowing what football is like down in your neck of the woods but up here it's taken pretty seriously or was when I pulled my boots on in the 70s 80s and early 90s I even played in Belgium and the Netherlands on football tours through our local FA...yes some great times were had...I was a more of a cultured thug than owt else ?   

45 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No not upset i-Ram, I was a pretty good left back who could mix it when needed?, As the trophies I won was a testament to my football prowess, Believe me I've played against some thugs in my time...most were Miners from down t pit, They'd kick you up hill and down dale just for fun, You had to toughen up pretty quick, I was a pretty quick learner as my disciplinary record was proof enough, When playing in the Derbyshire County Cup you travelled far and beyond your comfort zone, Thugs not only played at left back...they played all over the park and if you didn't get an appointed official...their cheating non playing thug would officiate and his equally thug of a Brother would run the line.

Not knowing what football is like down in your neck of the woods but up here it's taken pretty seriously or was when I pulled my boots on in the 70s 80s and early 90s I even played in Belgium and the Netherlands on football tours through our local FA...yes some great times were had...I was a more of a cultured thug than owt else ?   

Are you available today ??

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

with you on this one mate , i played centre half for many years , cant remember a decent left back in all the teams i played in

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Be a shame in a way if Foz doesn’t finish his career at Derby, but I don’t get this over the top appreciation. He clearly isn’t the future, and we have enough oldies in the back four squad. We haven’t got a great deal of wages to play with either. Get a decent youngster in at left back. Left back is not a position for blocking pathways. I bet we have all played left back in our time. It’s not overly difficult is it.

Emailed this over to Rosenior to pin this post up in the dressing room today.

Who ends up on the score sheet?

Fozzy 1 - 0 iRam

On 07/07/2022 at 15:35, Caerphilly Ram said:

Especially if we’ve got a striker in there capable of heading the ball! Liked the handful of times Forsyth arrived at the back post last season, if he stays on this year it’s potentially another strength we can exploit to add to our goals for. 

Thanks for backing up my point today Fozzy, has he signed yet?! 

After playing yesterday, you’d have to think he’s almost certain to renew his contract. That’s absolutely fantastic news in my opinion, in the right style of play he’s still capable of playing at the lower end of the Championship. League One should suit his agricultural style perfectly, so it’s amazing we’ve managed to persuade him to stay. That’s proper loyalty, you could learn a lesson from that Nathan and Lee. He will deserve a testimonial at some point this season in my view, to thank him for his long-standing service over the last 10 years.

Should be capable of returning to first choice LB in League One replacing Buchanan, the slower pace should suit him more.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

After playing yesterday, you’d have to think he’s almost certain to renew his contract. That’s absolutely fantastic news in my opinion, in the right style of play he’s still capable of playing at the lower end of the Championship. League One should suit his agricultural style perfectly, so it’s amazing we’ve managed to persuade him to stay. That’s proper loyalty, you could learn a lesson from that Nathan and Lee. He will deserve a testimonial at some point this season in my view, to thank him for his long-standing service over the last 10 years.

Should be capable of returning to first choice LB in League One replacing Buchanan, the slower pace should suit him more.

Completely agree. Plus, having built a great atmosphere and rapport last year, the more senior players from that group we can keep around the better in my opinion