Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

And he knows next week a lot more will be leaving. Don’t really blame him. He’s been working with harder and harder restrictions. 

Does he? He didn't even message the players to let him know he was leaving... doubt he checked to see what they were doing either.

If we take away all of the outside stuff has he really done that well as a manager? The football has at times been awful and the tactics nonexistent. If he wasn’t called Rooney we would all be calling him out (as we did a couple of years ago). Yes, he managed to ‘foster’ a siege mentality last year but his actual in game management was, lets be honest, s****. 

2 hours ago, SethJohnson said:

If we take away all of the outside stuff has he really done that well as a manager? The football has at times been awful and the tactics nonexistent. If he wasn’t called Rooney we would all be calling him out (as we did a couple of years ago). Yes, he managed to ‘foster’ a siege mentality last year but his actual in game management was, lets be honest, s****. 

I was highly critical when he took over from Phillip Cocu.

But given the restraints last season, he did a very good job. 

People highlighted how bad our away form was. But we overachieved at Pride Park. No way should our side last season have had like the fourth or fifth best home record in the Championship. 

If you’re going to criticize certain aspects, it needs to be balanced out with how well he set the team up at Pride Park. There were some cracking wins over the likes of Fulham, Bournemouth and Sheffield United.

On a side note, his next job is going to be very different. He will have far more freedom than he ever had here in terms of recruitment, but he will also have expectations which he never had to endure here.

They say it’s a results business. But last season, we could have lost every game yet it wouldn’t have hampered Rooney’s reputation.

2 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

I am gutted he is leaving, I really can't see us going straight back up without Rooney, we will not be able to attract the same level of players that Rooney could. 

I couldnt see us going straight back up with rooney… or anybody

we’re still in a right old mess, no players, no recruitment team

4 hours ago, SethJohnson said:

I completely disagree. Yes, he was tactically naive against those teams that were battlers but against Fulham, Bournemouth and WBA we played some tremendous football.

Tbf he may have been caught out in Div1 against those teams that are a bunch of hackers so in hindsight it may be a good thing. This is why for me it's imperative we go for experience.

It's not v often a rookie does the business from the get-go. Added to this the need to sign a new squad. You need someone who knows their way around the lower leagues and can get out their little black book. I like Liam and think he will do well in the future but the short term need is someone who has been there and got the T-Shirt.

Massive devision for the new owners. Just hope they get sound advice on this one.

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

Let's keep things in perspective....

The most important thing yesterday was that it looks like club has been saved. A week or so ago that was looking unlikely.

Nevertheless, it's disappointing - albeit understandable - that Rooney has decided to leave.

Some seem disappointed at the timing of his announcement, others (amazingly IMHO) feel let down by his departure and a few appear pleased he's gone.

My own feeling is that he decided to go once Kirchner's bid fell through but that he stayed around until the club was secure.

My opinion of Rooney changed beyond recognition last year. I think his dignified manner when dealing with the issues is what rallied everyone. Rooney's role in the club's rescue should never be underestimated.

I will always be grateful. Thanks Wayne.

I like Rooney, I think he did well last year. This year will be very different with different pressures and expectations. Even now without the opportunity to recruit he would be expected to win a lot more games and gain promotion. I think it would have a been a struggle for him, so best he goes now on good terms even if has left us with a Hugh hole to fill

0n the positive side we can now bring in someone who knows L1 and who can build for a the future, I still think promotion is achievable, I don’t think Rooney does.

let’s get the ownership situation sorted and look to the future and be positive 

Devastating news. It feels like WR nailed his flag to the mast so many times that the mast has disintegrated. We now need to find someone to navigate the ship through rocky waters without a sail.

It's the lowest I've felt throughout this whole debacle but we'll find a way out of it eventually. UTR.