Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Probably because the timing is odd. He could have walked at any point in the last year but he chooses to do it when the clubs future looks to be have been secured

Yeah. And he waited as long as Lampard in the near-ness to the new season starting. If it is to be Rosenior as manager he might have benefitted from a longer approach to preseason.

To be honest if Rooney said he was leaving a week ago or two weeks ago when CK's takeover fell through, everyone would have went into full panic mode and with him walking then we would have definitely feared the worst.

He probably waited until we got some good news, but made his mind up a week or two ago and didn't want to increase the anxiety among the fanbase by letting the fans know his decision then.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah. And he waited as long as Lampard in the near-ness to the new season starting. If it is to be Rosenior as manager he might have benefitted from a longer approach to preseason.

I would agree with you in any normal season/pre-season Roy. I just think with the state of things as they are, if Q with DC’s consent agree for Rosenior to take over in the immediate we’ve not lost too much time. Rosenior will have been party to Rooney’s thinking and plans, has the same chance to get contracts agreed with out of contract squad members and new signings that Rooney did (maybe with 12 hours delay) after the announcement yesterday morning, and at least knows the staff as well as where to find the cones and bibs. 
Rooney made his decision, we can debate the timing/rationale all day long but it won’t change, what matters now is the next step.

For me having thought some more last night I feel they should give it to Rosenior, ask the EFL to approve the addition of another coach to support him as Rooney’s wage is now off the bill, then get Davies/Fozzy/Cashin/Thommo contracts sorted. Those who were going to stay cause of Rooney will go, there are others who’s time at the club pre-date Rooney and will hopefully re-sign.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I just think he came back after his hols to be told by the administrators that he couldn't sign any players as we're still in administration and all his plans and hard work talking to players over the summer were blown away in that moment. 

He probably decided there and then he didn't need another season of that sort of s*** and quit on the spot. 

I don't blame him and all this talk of Dyche and tried and trusted League One managers is all just the same. Who is going to come here under the circumstances? 

Some of you need a reality check. 

I suspect you are right. I just find it a bit off. He's stuck through thick and thin with us, had the opportunity to go to Everton and another championship club and the day we get some good news he's jacked it in. 

I think what you have said has played on his mind and I suspect Colleen has been in his ear quite a bit on holiday and made his decision. He's probably had a discussion with rosenior to say he's leaving and it's highly likely he'll get the job at Derby and that's why he didn't go to Blackpool. 

#notITK

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't blame him and all this talk of Dyche and tried and trusted League One managers is all just the same. Who is going to come here under the circumstances? 

Some of you need a reality check. 

Anyone thinking that we should 'Go and get Dyche' really hasn't grasped the reality of our situation ! He is so hilariously out of our wage and aspiration league currently that its painful. He might struggle a bit for a PL job due to a perception of his football style but there will be a queue round the corner of Championship sides wanting a little extra something to get them over the line. After several years in the PL his wages would surely be a factor of several times what we can afford.

Rosenior is the continuity candidate but who else is even available ? Are we really going to want to pay compensation ? As for Rosenior. Does he have it ? I'm not so sure. His knowledge is good and he speaks very well and seems to be a good coach but I just wonder if he is authoritative enough to chew the players up a bit if they are not doing what is required. WR tapping into the siege mentality last year was probably not actually that difficult, but this year is a very different challenge.. not the levels of burning resentment amongst players and fans.

Because it's so late, the best thing to do would be to appoint Rosenior. Otherwise the new owner would have to appoint a CEO or DOF and then they choose a manager. That could take a while and we'll lose out on players while doing it.

29 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I suspect you are right. I just find it a bit off. He's stuck through thick and thin with us, had the opportunity to go to Everton and another championship club and the day we get some good news he's jacked it in. 

I think what you have said has played on his mind and I suspect Colleen has been in his ear quite a bit on holiday and made his decision. He's probably had a discussion with rosenior to say he's leaving and it's highly likely he'll get the job at Derby and that's why he didn't go to Blackpool. 

#notITK

Yes I suspect he made his decision some time ago but just hadn't communicated it to the administrators until yesterday. I don't blame him for going, the whole thing is a complete mess. His plan was to get immediate promotion straight back to the championship. The longer this has dragged on, the more unrealistic that has become. He doesn't want to be lingering around in League one for over a season. Over the last few weeks players have started going elsewhere. Kirchner pulling out and no sign of a takeover was the final straw.

Edited by Rammy03

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nor Curtis Davies at all.

I find that odd. Has anyone got a video of Davies saying that on SSN. Obviously he didn't tell anyone until he had told the club. That explains why there were no leaks. It was straight out of the blue. But usually you would tell the players first.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure Rosenior is very familiar with all 5 of our players by now, don't think an extra week or 2 would make any difference. ??

Edited by Chris_Martin

12 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Wasn't he paying the wages only last month though? 

Seems strange to do that if you know for certain your leaving. 

I thought it was confirmed that he didn't pay them. I don't know what the timeframe is of him making his decision but I reckon it has been niggling away at him over the summer as it he alluded to in his statement. Then when the Kirchner deal officially collapsed on the 13th June it was the final straw and he made his decision in the following days.

Edited by Rammy03

17 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I just wonder if he is authoritative enough to chew the players up a bit if they are not doing what is required. WR tapping into the siege mentality last year was probably not actually that difficult, but this year is a very different challenge.. not the levels of burning resentment amongst players and fans.

It's all down to respect imo, You don't have to be a manager who shouts and throws tea cups, If the player is into the managers style of play, If the player signs for the manager, Then that should be all the criteria needed.

Yes I agree there needs to be a time when controlled anger should be levelled at players and pointing a finger at those whop aren't pulling their weight should be told.

Rosenior can talk the talk, If he's given this opportunity...we'll see if he can walk the walk.

29 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I'm sure Rosenior is very familiar with all 5 of our players by now, don't think an extra week or 2 would make any difference. ??

You assume he wants to sign the same players Rooney lined up then?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You assume he wants to sign the same players Rooney lined up then?

Roy any chance you can get onto Kieran Maguire's twitter account, I heard him talking on Smooth Radio this Morning explaining why Rooney bailed...Something about not having the expected funds or summat like that, I was out running and didn't quite catch it all ?‍♀️  

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Roy any chance you can get onto Kieran Maguire's twitter account, I heard him talking on Smooth Radio this Morning explaining why Rooney bailed...Something about not having the expected funds or summat like that, I was out running and didn't quite catch it all ?‍♀️  

I'll keep an eye on Twitter. It wouldn't surprise me if that excuse is trotted out, it's the only reason Rooney kept mentioning when he'd been previously asked if he was staying. Personally I think the CK/Stretford/Cook setup failing was a big part of it. Also I think it was maybe pointed out that his 'stock' at this level couldn't get much higher even if he got us promoted, so why risk failing. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll keep an eye on Twitter. It wouldn't surprise me if that excuse is trotted out, it's the only reason Rooney kept mentioning when he'd been previously asked if he was staying. Personally I think the CK/Stretford/Cook setup failing was a big part of it. Also I think it was maybe pointed out that his 'stock' at this level couldn't get much higher even if he got us promoted, so why risk failing. 

The gist I got was, Funds and the calamity from the last 2 years, He said he didn't blame him for resigning ?‍♀️

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wazza confides in Kieran does he ?