Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

13 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Reminds me of the guy who created Fyre Festival in this regard. A delusional, narcissistic con artist, it's a dangerous combo

I watched the Netflix documentary about that the other weekend and thought exactly the same thing. They even look a bit similar.

8 hours ago, dog said:

Makes you realise that whatever happens this season it could have been far, far worse....

100% bang on the debts would have got worse and it would have been curtains for sure, we are very lucky David Clowes has been kind enough to pay over the odds (Event after writing off some of the debt), for us when we were clearly insolvent.  The £53M he paid was a championship value not a League 1 Club value.

I really hope for David Clowes that we go back up and he sees a return on his investment. 

Edited by RAM1966

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

100% bang on the debts would have got worse and it would have been curtains for sure, we are very lucky David Clowes has been kind enough to pay over the odds (Event after writing off some of the debt), for us when we were clearly insolvent.  The £53M he paid was a championship value not a League 1 Club value.

I really hope for David Clowes that we go back up and he sees a return on his investment. 

Spot on, couldn’t agree more.

9 minutes ago, europia said:

The latest news about charlatan Kirchner reflects poorly on the judgement of Quantuma, the EFL and Wayne Rooney. 

Really? It seems to me he was very plausible to draw so many in, even convincing Goldman Sachs a year ago that a £60m funding round for Slync.io was a good investment. Bullet dodged obviously.

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Really? It seems to me he was very plausible to draw so many in, even convincing Goldman Sachs a year ago that a £60m funding round for Slync.io was a good investment. Bullet dodged obviously.

Goldmans aka the Great Vampire Squid would undoubtedly have been seduced by impressive growth numbers. 

What they don't tend to do is check the details of the financial accounting arrangements of the firm they're lending to. 

So they didn't realise that they were depositing cash into an account controlled only by CK for him to use as an extension to his piggy bank. 

It could have been on the adminstration thread, that I quoted there is no proof of his wealth to be in a position of buying Derby. One blogger give me stick to state he must have the money because he had a private jet. I was proved right, another delusional tyre kicker.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

It could have been on the adminstration thread, that I quoted there is no proof of his wealth to be in a position of buying Derby. One blogger give me stick to state he must have the money because he had a private jet. I was proved right, another delusional tyre kicker.

He did show proof of wealth. 

It just wasn't his.