Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

37 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It could have been on the adminstration thread, that I quoted there is no proof of his wealth to be in a position of buying Derby. One blogger give me stick to state he must have the money because he had a private jet. I was proved right, another delusional tyre kicker.

At least he was a big time tyre kicker, the tyres were on 'his' £25M private jet.?

9 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Then our administrators and EFL balls up

It would appear that he may have transferred money from his business to his bank account,  shown proof,  then moved it back. 

I was suspicious from the start,  but he showed proof. He managed to get £80m out of Gokdman Sacha. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

12 hours ago, sage said:

It would appear that he may have transferred money from his business to his bank account,  shown proof,  then moved it back. 

I was suspicious from the start,  but he showed proof. He managed to get £80m out of Gokdman Sacha. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

And Rooney’s agent - or his company - to part with about £1.8M to cover May’s wages

13 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Admin ballsed up big time 

EFL (for once) aren't to blame for me. They were shown the details, and would have had some faith in Q that relevant checks were done. We'd have been calling the EFL out if Q said he had the money but EFL dragged their heels saying we want more proof of the origin. In the eyes of the fan that would be them being anti Derby again.

I backed Q for the most part, but it's down to them to see not only proof of funds, but maybe get an understanding and proof of where it came from. No one guessed he was using company money so all those that said "I told you so" ended up being justified but not because they knew any better.

Edited by LERam

17 minutes ago, LERam said:

Admin ballsed up big time 

EFL (for once) aren't to blame for me. They were shown the details, and would have had some faith in Q that relevant checks were done. We'd have been calling the EFL out if Q said he had the money but EFL dragged their heels saying we want more proof of the origin. In the eyes of the fan that would be them being anti Derby again.

I backed Q for the most part, but it's down to them to see not only proof of funds, but maybe get an understanding and proof of where it came from. No one guessed he was using company money so all those that said "I told you so" ended up being justified but not because they knew any better.

The relevant checks were done though, the problem is that the standard procedure for checking this stuff clearly isn't stringent enough.

How do we know that the admins were even allowed to check specifically where the funds used as proof originated from?

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

49 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The relevant checks were done though, the problem is that the standard procedure for checking this stuff clearly isn't stringent enough.

How do we know that the admins were even allowed to check specifically where the funds used as proof originated from?

And I suspect that Q did the checks as the EFL.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I don't know what the standard is but in my opinion (with no experience in yne field) would some checks on how they got the cash. When you buy a house they check for anti money laundering, shouldn't they do the same buying a business?

13 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I work in the banking sector and I cannot believe they didn't verify source of funds properly. Its from a single person it should have been straight forward. Perhaps the issue is the people undertaking due diligence have no real back ground in doing it  

23 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Really? It seems to me he was very plausible to draw so many in, even convincing Goldman Sachs a year ago that a £60m funding round for Slync.io was a good investment. Bullet dodged obviously.

Many observers weren't convinced and personally I didn't consider CK's reasoning for his interest in DCFC to be in any way plausible. 

Jeez, makes you wonder if he had somehow got it over the line and then we effectively have a chairman fired by his own company, Slynco, a few days after... with them wanting their "investment" money back. And then there are two payrolls not being met, Derby and Slynco. It'd likely have been the biggest blow up in English football ever, not sure how the EFL/Quantuma could have survived that intact. Just as well Clowes came along then...I still don't know what to make of it. Was he on the biggest and most expensive wind-up, to flatter his own ego or did he think he could actually pull it of? And if so, with what money? With Goldman Sachs money earmarked for Slynco?

25 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Jeez, makes you wonder if he had somehow got it over the line and then we effectively have a chairman fired by his own company, Slynco, a few days after... with them wanting their "investment" money back. And then there are two payrolls not being met, Derby and Slynco. It'd likely have been the biggest blow up in English football ever, not sure how the EFL/Quantuma could have survived that intact. Just as well Clowes came along then...I still don't know what to make of it. Was he on the biggest and most expensive wind-up, to flatter his own ego or did he think he could actually pull it of? And if so, with what money? With Goldman Sachs money earmarked for Slynco?

The Goldman Sachs money earmarked for Slynco? apparently ended up in an account only CK could access, A 15m plane, a 350k super car, 8m sponsoring a golf tournament, 800k sponsoring(not paid)to a Texan ice hockey team no doubt other sundries, If the money was in a French AML account...thank duck the French took their time.

Pretty sure if your scenario had come to fruition...we'd have been busted for sure.  

I work for a reputable economical magazine (you join the dots) and he was on the radar for quite a while. How he made it as far as he did is beyond me and my colleagues. 

We 'admired' his balls for going with it for so long. Properly Wolf of Wall Street sh*t housing. 

What made us more concerned was that the powers that be let this saga go on for so long. If it was any other business they would have pulled the plug and said enough is enough. Yet somehow it was left to go on and on and on. 

When we got the news that he has not only been suspended but also sacked we were delighted. Then we realised that due to his self indulgent egotistical ways there were many people who didn't get paid at Slync.

We worried about our football club and rightly so, but there were people in the US who couldn't pay their mortgages thanks to this absolute j*** stain. 

5 minutes ago, beardyjim said:

I work for a reputable economical magazine (you join the dots) and he was on the radar for quite a while. How he made it as far as he did is beyond me and my colleagues. 

We 'admired' his balls for going with it for so long. Properly Wolf of Wall Street sh*t housing. 

What made us more concerned was that the powers that be let this saga go on for so long. If it was any other business they would have pulled the plug and said enough is enough. Yet somehow it was left to go on and on and on. 

When we got the news that he has not only been suspended but also sacked we were delighted. Then we realised that due to his self indulgent egotistical ways there were many people who didn't get paid at Slync.

We worried about our football club and rightly so, but there were people in the US who couldn't pay their mortgages thanks to this absolute j*** stain. 

Did you inform Quantuma or the EFL?