Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

7 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Dodged a nuke here.

The regulation around football ownership is insufficient. If clubs are genuinely considered community assets, then the fit and proper persons test needs more teeth.

We are indebted to whoever stopped the sale going through but let's be clear, it wasn't any of the people who it should have been and that's alarming.

we almost certainly dodged a nuke 

But how are the regulators supposed to know 

- that he might be diddling his investors

- that he’s in cahoots with uncle Paul (whose finger was on the nuclear button)

The signs were there for all of us to see  - he’s supposed to be full time CEO of a fast growing company and yet he spends half his time schmoozing golfers and doing wheelies around Dubai in his jet. Oh and his area of ‘expertise’ is sales   It’s as harsh to blame the regulators as it is to blame the fans 

On 26/07/2022 at 12:54, TigerTedd said:

But didn’t the system work? They went through various checks and measures, including the fit and proper persons test, but when it came to the last one, show us the money, he got cold feet and pulled out. So surely something in that last test caught something that was missed in all the others, that’s why it exists. So the point is, he didn’t end up owning us, so the system works. 

the depressing thing is how much time was wasted coming to that conclusion. 

Not sure it was down to "the system"?  Not the football system anyway.  Not Q's System.  Nor DCFC system, or EFL system.  Those systems were all sat twiddling their thumbs waiting for the bag of money to arrive.  They literally sat waiting!
Rumour has it, that it was some sort of international financial money-laundering system that put a spanner (sorry... "wrench") in CK's works by holding up/stopping said transfer of funds.  Either that, or there was no money.  Either way, it appears that it wasn't down to any system related to UK Football.

?‍♂️

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

The signs were there for all of us to see  - he’s supposed to be full time CEO of a fast growing company and yet he spends half his time schmoozing golfers and doing wheelies around Dubai in his jet. Oh and his area of ‘expertise’ is sales   It’s as harsh to blame the regulators as it is to blame the fans 

It should have been a requirement of being a PB that he lodge a deposit (at the every least a returnable deposit ) as proof that the money is for real. 

43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure it was down to "the system"?  Not the football system anyway.  Not Q's System.  Nor DCFC system, or EFL system.  Those systems were all sat twiddling their thumbs waiting for the bag of money to arrive.  They literally sat waiting!
Rumour has it, that it was some sort of international financial money-laundering system that put a spanner (sorry... "wrench") in CK's works by holding up/stopping said transfer of funds.  Either that, or there was no money.  Either way, it appears that it wasn't down to any system related to UK Football.

?‍♂️

Thats what Nixon said. But maybe the money laundering checks were just an excuse like the bank holidays. Blame the banks for the fact you haven't got any cash. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

It should have been a requirement of being a PB that he lodge a deposit (at the every least a returnable deposit ) as proof that the money is for real. 

I said this at the time, but for different reasons

Don’t think there’s any doubt the money was real. As was the money that paid the May wage bill. That wasn’t the problem. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

He pulled a fast one with a worldwide investment bank, it’s easy to blame the football authorities but at the end of the day nobody spotted it who had contact with him, must have been an incredible blagger

all his tweets make me want to vomit

Edited by alram

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not saying I have the answers but the examples of dodgy football owners comes up with alarming regularity. I'm really saying that there needs to be a total change in football governance and regulation to mitigate against the issues we have faced in the last two years. 

Not sure I understand the reference comparing regulators and fans. It isn't the fans responsibility to protect clubs against these issues.

We aren't the first, we won't be the last, therefore something needs to change to resolve the systemic issues that we have in the game. It's costing people jobs and causing enormous turmoil. We deserve better.

5 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Not sure I understand the reference comparing regulators and fans. It isn't the fans responsibility to protect clubs against these issues.

Fair comment

I was alluding to the fact that most derby fans had no concerns about the dodgy combination of stretford and CK, and no concerns that stretford and Rooney had in effect picked the PB. But with hindsight we had a lucky escape. Regulators don’t have 20:20 vision either 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fair comment

I was alluding to the fact that most derby fans had no concerns about the dodgy combination of stretford and CK, and no concerns that stretford and Rooney had in effect picked the PB. But with hindsight we had a lucky escape. Regulators don’t have 20:20 vision either 

No, fair point. Fans are by default emotionally invested and therefore less able to provide an objective view, most were just relieved that the club appeared to be saved. Most fans would only have been able to access the external image CK et al wanted to present and put faith in admins and regulators to do the necessary due diligence.

I don't think regulators have sufficient teeth and the EFL isn't fit for purpose at this point in my view.

It's obviously highly complex, I just think there has to be a better way.