Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Kirchner's been hauled down to the local sheriff's office now and following a Court ruling he's having to work out how to pay Stretford back over £2m for our May payroll according to Nixon:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/further-fallout-from-chris-kirchners-failed-derby-county-takeover-bid-emerges/

I hope he really has some bitcoins but I somehow doubt it.

I think Kirtchner may have to look down the back of the sofa for the money ?

11 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I think Kirtchner may have to look down the back of the sofa for the money ?

Or set up a gofundme?

"Help Kris with his debts from a failed deal to take over a sports team. Kris needs your help. "I owe it to Rooney's agent and they're going to fart on me if I don't pay up"

Can you help the former Slync io CEO now that he isn't the only person who has access to the account with all the investment money?

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Kirchner has simply done a runner with whatever cash he had left. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will stick around to face the consequences of his actions. He's probably in Mexico or something.

Say hello to Miguel Sanchez

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or set up a gofundme?

"Help Kris with his debts from a failed deal to take over a sports team. Kris needs your help. "I owe it to Rooney's agent and they're going to fart on me if I don't pay up"

Can you help the former Slync io CEO now that he isn't the only person who has access to the account with all the investment money?

Wasn’t he a bit of a trump fan?

Could maybe set up another grift, like the orange man!

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Truly staggering that the administrators nearly sold us completely and utterly into destruction 

I get that this was a complex case and all that, but Quantuma should never be allowed anywhere near a football club ever again. They got lucky with Clowes, not only did he bail out Derby County but he also bailed out Quantuma from overseeing the liquidation of one of the founder members of the Football League. Lucky boys.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I get that this was a complex case and all that, but Quantuma should never be allowed anywhere near a football club ever again. They got lucky with Clowes, not only did he bail out Derby County but he also bailed out Quantuma from overseeing the liquidation of one of the founder members of the Football League. Lucky boys.

What's the alternative though?  We owed £60m+ to creditors.  Either somebody rocked up and handed over a significant chunk of that cash (in some form or other), or we got liquidated.  What other outcome do you think Quantuma could have possibly engineered?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

What's the alternative though?  We owed £60m+ to creditors.  Either somebody rocked up and handed over a significant chunk of that cash (in some form or other), or we got liquidated.  What other outcome do you think Quantuma could have possibly engineered?

The alternative to liquidation was working out a deal whereby the club survived albeit with a 15 point penalty, that style of deal was on the table from Ashley. Quantuma seemed to be willing to risk liquidation in an effort to avoid that eventuality. Whilst wanting to avoid a 15 point hit was admirable, gambling the existence of the club to avoid it was misguided at best.

We ended up with Clowes and a relatively good outcome in spite of Quantuma, not because of them in my opinion. The 'safe' bet would have been to start negotiating with Ashley instead of Kirchner. At least you know Ashley has the cash to back up his bid, even if the bid wasn't as good.

This isn't me saying I wanted Ashley, far from it, but he was an infinitely more credible bidder than Kirchner.

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The alternative to liquidation was working out a deal whereby the club survived albeit with a 15 point penalty, that style of deal was on the table from Ashley. Quantuma seemed to be willing to risk liquidation in an effort to avoid that eventuality. Whilst wanting to avoid a 15 point hit was admirable, gambling the existence of the club to avoid it was misguided at best.

I seem to remember @Ghost of Clough running the numbers and coming to the conclusion that taking -15 basically saved a couple of million overall.  The figures for that kind of deal were still well above what Ashley was rumoured to be offering.  Quantuma weren't haggling over -15 or not, they were haggling over whether the deal was enough to keep us as a football league club or not.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Kirchner has simply done a runner with whatever cash he had left. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will stick around to face the consequences of his actions. He's probably in Mexico or something.

Cristiano King Castillo

There's quite a sporting theme to Kirchner. He sponsored the Abu-Dhabi F1 Grand Prix, The Dubai Desert Golf Classic, and tried to buy Preston North End and Derby County while ripping off Paul Stretford and the Dallas Stars.

It seems now that it was inevitable that when he finally got nicked it had to be by the Texas Rangers ?