Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Name me 10 owners who’ve destroyed a football club more than Mel has. There’s no defence for him. No defence at all. He gambled with the clubs future, then ducked off and left it to die. There’s some dodgy characters in football ownership, but very few have done the damage to a football club and community that Mel has. He’s right up there with the very worst, and I’m fed up of people trying to somehow justify his actions because he’s a “Derby man”. All those people who’ve lost their jobs because of his actions. 

Many thanks, DarkFruits for amending the original libelous post.

Litigation, like liquidation, has no winners!

Mel over liquidation. Anything otherwise I’d heart ruling head. Imagine how long it would take to get back to League 1 level, it’s not going to be as simple as start new and get promoted every season until we’re back in the Football League.

The local community and beyond will suffer irreparable damage. Countless people more will lose their jobs, many others will lose one of the most meaningful things in their lives. And in a time where life in general has been pretty tough for the last couple of years or so, it may be a step too far for some.

All that though for what? To stop somebody buying a club out of principle? I wouldn’t welcome Mel back and if the stories were true, I’d want him to be a stop gap and look at actually selling the club once HE has paid the bills that he owes. If it’s that or the end of Derby County then there really is no choice at all.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Right, I’m 99.9% sure all this talk of Mel coming back is baalocks. But if it is true, I’d take anyone over liquidation.

So, in a completely hypothetical situation where these are the only possible outcomes, would you rather Mel come in as the ‘saviour’ or be liquidated?

Bit like being asked how you would prefer to be executed, lethal injection or the gas chamber….but if one or the other then Mel….

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Name me 10 owners who’ve destroyed a football club more than Mel has. There’s no defence for him. No defence at all. He gambled with the clubs future, then ducked off and left it to die. There’s some dodgy characters in football ownership, but very few have done the damage to a football club and community that Mel has. He’s right up there with the very worst, and I’m fed up of people trying to somehow justify his actions because he’s a “Derby man”. All those people who’ve lost their jobs because of his actions. 

The question though was liquidation or mel,not justiying his actions. Ive watched the rams since cloughie and would be horrified if its liquidation.

4 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

The question though was liquidation or mel,not justiying his actions. Ive watched the rams since cloughie and would be horrified if its liquidation.

That’s totally right. 
I don’t think any of us are justifying his actions although he may argue the EFL and Covid have stuffed him 

How are people in this thread defending Mel?

The man has literally taken us from being relatively well run, small budget and generally well liked to being on the brink of financial ruin and hated by just about every club in the country. 
The man has no business being anywhere near the city of Derby let alone football. 

The only way we have any salvageable way of moving on from this mess is with complete new ownership. 

We’d never hear the end of it if Mel was allowed to own the club again and this shadow would be cast over us for years more than it already has been. 

I love this club, and liquidation would be absolutely heartbreaking. But my love of football would be truly done if Mel was allowed to come back after what he’s done. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

People are not defending Mel.

People are saying that the club needs to be saved. People come and go. We don't want the club to go.

This is the worst thread ever. 

It's absolute poo. Terrible question, terrible poll options, leading to people falling out over something that doesn't exist. 

Put it in the Off Topic section. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

What it shows is that 26% take a short term view.

They would rather a historic football club, an integral part of the community, cease to exist because of how they feel about one, one just one person.

"Supporters"? Mmmmm.

So from less than 2 pages of posts you have come up with a %! And as I said the posts show how this would split the fan base.  fans are entitled to their opinion as supporters who will have spent a lot of hard earned cash at the club during Mel's reign and in administration as encouraged to do so. So yes supporters mmmmmmm.