Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This thread was about Mel or liquidation.

You would rather the club be liquidated and re-emerge through the phoenix club route?

Yep. I repeat, and will continue repeating, Mel Morris should Foxtrot Oscar, and have nothing to do with our Club again.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Yep. I repeat, and will continue repeating, Mel Morris should Foxtrot Oscar, and have nothing to do with our Club again.

I don't want Mel anywhere near the club again either (except to hand over the stadium).

But it's more important that the club survives and so much better if it doesn't have to go through a phoenix club route.

I confess to being surprised at you being so dismissive of liquidation when you elevate yourself to the position of 'know-it-all'. I do think a lot, if not all, of what you say is motivated by your patronising sense of humour.

Ah well. Each to their own.

Just now, Curtains said:

No you tell me.  
Liquidation is the end of DCFC.

The question was hypothetical Mel or Liquidation.

It won’t come to that as Mel won’t be returning.

Liquidation is not the end of DCFC - in answer to the question, Liquidation. 

34 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yet you (and others) argued for liquidation.

Effectively saying an individual's short term stay at the club is more important than the long term existence of the club itself.

If we get liquidated, another club will form, with the same fanbase, the same badge and probably even the same name. It’s not like we won’t have a club to support. The question effectively boils down to what matters more - the company Derby County or Mel Morris. In my view, from a matter of principle, I’d rather a new company be formed than Mel come back. At least it would be a team I could be proud of. Even it was in lower leagues. I couldn’t be proud to support a football club owned by Mel Morris.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

If we get liquidated, another club will form, with the same fanbase, the same badge and probably even the same name. It’s not like we won’t have a club to support. The question effectively boils down to what matters more - the company Derby County or Mel Morris. In my view, from a matter of principle, I’d rather a new company be formed than Mel come back. At least it would be a team I could be proud of. Even it was in lower leagues. I couldn’t be proud to support a football club owned by Mel Morris.

You win I’m out 

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The question was hypothetical.

I am bothered if we are Liquidated.

Clearly you don’t under the implications.

I full well understand the implications of liquidation. It should be avoided at (almost) all costs. I don’t wanna be relegated three divisions and lose our history as much as the next man. But I’d rather that than allow Mel Morris anywhere near our club again. It’s as simple as that.

Just now, IslandExile said:

I don't want Mel anywhere near the club again either (except to hand over the stadium).

I confess to being surprised at you being so dismissive of liquidation when you elevate yourself to the position of 'know-it-all'. I do think a lot, if not all, of what you say is motivated by your patronising sense of humour.

Thanks for that. Stick me on ignore, or do another pointless poll. Your call ?

5 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Really? When you look at who is and has been involved in football club ownership including some of our past owners then MM is a million miles from the worst. He made mistakes and decided he could no longer afford the cost of haemorrhaging cash. That is what he is guilty of. Get a sense of perspective. 

Maybe for you he is far from the worst, but he ranks alongside the three amigos for me. Ran us phenomenally poorly, ran up huge debts, made terrible decision after terrible decision when it came to the squad and managers and then cut and run leaving us on the brink of liquidation whilst blaming everybody but himself for the problems. And before you say covid was the problem - Covid didnt ramp up our costs to unsustainable levels and it certainly didnt stop him paying the clubs taxes.

3 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

The question though was liquidation or mel,not justiying his actions. Ive watched the rams since cloughie and would be horrified if its liquidation.

That response was someone saying all he was guilty of was spending too much cash and then wanting to stop. He’s far worse than that.

But indeed that is the question. And my answer stands. Liquidation.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm sure it won't happen but if it did I'd rather see Pride park burn to the ground than let that Bamford get within 10 miles of us ever again. I'd honestly prefer to see us start up again in non-league and rise through the divisions. 

The trouble with that is, a lot of us arnt going to see it rise again through non league and when it does it will never be Derby County the rams.