Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Right, I’m 99.9% sure all this talk of Mel coming back is baalocks. But if it is true, I’d take anyone over liquidation.

So, in a completely hypothetical situation where these are the only possible outcomes, would you rather Mel come in as the ‘saviour’ or be liquidated?

Don’t want him anywhere near again, the guys worth 100s of millions and left St. John’s ambulance 8k short, he’s awful 

Even if Mel came back and a few of you decided not to support the club anymore, go to matches or whatever......presumably the club would still survive. After a few years, Mel would be gone permanently but the club would still survive.

Players, managers, owners all come and go - always have, always will - but the club must still survive. The club must remain.

Liquidation may be the end of the club.

Yeah, yeah, phoenix clubs and all that. It is still far, far, far better for the club to survive.

Edited by IslandExile

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So what this thread shows is how divisive it would be to our brilliantly united fanbase  

What it shows is that 26% take a short term view.

They would rather a historic football club, an integral part of the community, cease to exist because of how they feel about one, one just one person.

"Supporters"? Mmmmm.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Really? When you look at who is and has been involved in football club ownership including some of our past owners then MM is a million miles from the worst. He made mistakes and decided he could no longer afford the cost of haemorrhaging cash. That is what he is guilty of. Get a sense of perspective. 

Name me 10 owners who’ve destroyed a football club more than Mel has. There’s no defence for him. No defence at all. He gambled with the clubs future, then ducked off and left it to die. There’s some dodgy characters in football ownership, but very few have done the damage to a football club and community that Mel has. He’s right up there with the very worst, and I’m fed up of people trying to somehow justify his actions because he’s a “Derby man”. All those people who’ve lost their jobs because of his actions. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Name me 10 owners who’ve destroyed a football club more than Mel has. There’s no defence for him. No defence at all. He gambled with the clubs future, then ducked off and left it to die. There’s some dodgy characters in football ownership, but very few have done the damage to a football club and community that Mel has. He’s right up there with the very worst, and I’m fed up of people trying to somehow justify his actions because he’s a “Derby man”. All those people who’ve lost their jobs because of his actions. He’s an absolute disgrace of a human.

If we go into Liquidation more people will lose their jobs.  

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Are you OK? How on heavens earth have you managed to think that was a threat out of that post ?

I’m fine. I’ll take it that it wasn’t a threat then.

Read your post again mate 

Edited by Curtains
Altered

51 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He’s made mistakes of course he has.

The EFL had it in for Mel IMO

Retribution is not needed as we had some good times with Mel.

It’s all hypothetical  at the moment who PB will be but make no mistake Liquidation is a disaster despite you thinking it would be ok and should be avoided 

The EFL had it in for him because both him and Rick Parry are total bamfords who, along with Steve Gibson, have killed a football club in a dick swinging competition.

Whatever “good times” we had with Mel were eliminated the day he left our club to die, cost many people their jobs and let’s not forget didn’t even have the decency to tell them! The only way Mel Morris gets any sort of retribution is if he pays off the debts he owes, then leaves the city and never comes back. But we know that’s not going to happen.

Who said liquidation would be ok? It would be a disaster, and set us back years. But the question was, is it preferable to Mel Morris coming back? Absolutely. I’d rather support a club in non league than a club owned by Mel Morris.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

True, but I’d hope any phoenix club would offer back room staff their old jobs back, as a matter of principle.

Oh right 

Stop getting bothered about this.  Mel won’t be coming back. 
The ground has to be negotiated that’s all 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m fine. I’ll take it that it wasn’t a threat then.

Read your post again mate 

Here it its

"There's an old saying "everyone deserves a 2nd chance" also the Parole board have given people 2nd chances to those after serving time for Murder, Only for them to Murder again"

"Be careful of what might be round the corner"

Where's the threat?

PS I aint your mate

Edited by Unlucky Alf

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Here it its

"There's an old saying "everyone deserves a 2nd chance" also the Parole board have given people 2nd chances to those after serving time for Murder, Only for them to Murder again"

"Be careful of what might be round the corner"

Where's the threat?

PS I aint your 

It’s just a saying I know you ain’t my mate 

PS I’ll watch what’s around the corner!

Edited by Curtains
Added