Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That response was someone saying all he was guilty of was spending too much cash and then wanting to stop. He’s far worse than that.

But indeed that is the question. And my answer stands. Liquidation.

Please don't tell me what my response means, are you a mind reader.

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Liquidation is not the end of DCFC - in answer to the question, Liquidation. 

Can't get on board with this downplaying of liquidiation.

I know what you're saying in that the vast majority will treat the phoenix club exactly as they'd treat the original DCFC, but it would still be absolutely horrible to see us liquidated. Like seeing Pride Park burn down in front of your eyes - it could always be rebuilt but it would be horrific to watch.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know what you're saying in that the vast majority will treat the phoenix club exactly as they'd treat the original DCFC, but it would still be absolutely horrible to see us liquidated. Like seeing Pride Park burn down in front of your eyes - it could always be rebuilt but it would be horrific to watch.

When are you starting your “shall we build a Mel statue?” Poll thread.

You charlatan!

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s not going to happen Nick, but if it did it would be over in a second. Old club dies/new club starts up. It will still play in Derby, it will have the same badge, and it will be called Derby County. I am bowing out now, as I have made my feelings clear. Thanks for posting the question. I do enjoy a post that binds the fanbase together ?

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is the reality of liquidation.

OK, we might start up a bit higher, but I really don't want to have to go through this if it can be avoided.

Good luck to Bury, though. Hope they make it back in their supporters' lifetimes.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

This is the reality of liquidation.

OK, we might start up a bit higher, but I really don't want to have to go through this if it can be avoided.

Good luck to Bury, though. Hope they make it back in their supporters' lifetimes.

Well afc Wimbledon did it that way and happened in a few years.

I hope bury make it back really really soon.

29 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

The trouble with that is, a lot of us arnt going to see it rise again through non league and when it does it will never be Derby County the rams.

It depends upon your perspective on whether an AFC Derby would be 'Derby County'. Personally, I think if Mel was to return it would be akin to some regimes that are so rotten they simply cannot function. You'd have a massively divided fan base to the point that I wouldn't be surprised to see either a mass boycott or violence at the ground, a demoralised playing staff and a coaching staff that would certainly walk away. What would be left? This doesn't even touch the ethics of him actually trying to still play a part in the club's future. 

I am in my mid 60s and I want to see and shout my lungs out for a Derby County who will still hopefully be playing in the EFL. That's all! Call me a hypocrite but whoever stumps up the money to save us from liquidation I will doff my cap to them,even if it involves MM. A year from now ( please god let us still have a team by then), if MM was 'part' of the financial package, a lot of supporters will still be angry,hurt and exasparated to what he had done to our beloved club, but thankful he did something right in the end. He will never be seen again as a 'fan' in most of our eyes but his lasting legacy could reduce in time the hate directed at him right now. This week Mel do the right thing for all our sakes and make the correct decision (for a change!).UTR

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It depends upon your perspective on whether an AFC Derby would be 'Derby County'. Personally, I think if Mel was to return it would be akin to some regimes that are so rotten they simply cannot function. You'd have a massively divided fan base to the point that I wouldn't be surprised to see either a mass boycott or violence at the ground, a demoralised playing staff and a coaching staff that would certainly walk away. What would be left? This doesn't even touch the ethics of him actually trying to still play a part in the club's future. 

You maybe right, but you would'nt be able to say you were one of the teams to start the league, win 2 1st div titles and play in europe, its prob the older fans that think the history of a club is something special.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

There are no circumstances in which I would accept or tolerate the involuntary liquidation and / or expulsion from the League of DCFC, or any further punishments imposed by the EFL.

We're going to have to tolerate further punishment by the EFL if the bids don't meet the threshold for creditor repayment (and arguably rightly so).

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We're going to have to tolerate further punishment by the EFL if the bids don't meet the threshold for creditor repayment (and arguably rightly so).

Not even arguably- it's absolutely right for the club to be punished further if they shaft their creditors, including the taxpayer.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For a start we do not know what that threshold is since whatever those rules are the EFL do not publish them. So no I will not accept a punishment based on dodgy rules with no transparency or accountability. Plus our prospects of getting a decent deal on takeover have been sabotaged by the EFL (and Boro ).