I’ve enough of football.

24Charlie

I can’t be bothered to go today. Or anymore for that matter. Football is lost to me. 
We anxiously wait for some rich person to bail us out. These person/persons have a plan involving making money. But no interest in Derby. At least Mel had a dream. He followed it and so did we. We could have made it. But didn’t.

But make what exactly? Joining a league of Rich men’s playthings. 

Billionaires are queuing up to buy Chelsea. Sky are more interested in a subscription from someone in South Korea than a season ticket holder in Southampton.

It not our game anymore, where just there for the sound effects.

Football sucks.

4 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I can’t be bothered to go today. Or anymore for that matter. Football is lost to me. 
We anxiously wait for some rich person to bail us out. These person/persons have a plan involving making money. But no interest in Derby. At least Mel had a dream. He followed it and so did we. We could have made it. But didn’t.

Billionaires are queuing up to buy Chelsea. Sky are more interested in a subscription from someone in South Korea than a season ticket holder in Southampton.

Football sucks.

Hope the players don’t have the same attitude.

31 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Football sucks.

Everything you say is spot on. If it wasn’t for the routine, mates and the craic I could quite easily give it up. However that said I don’t know what I do in it’s place !!! 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Everything you say is spot on. If it wasn’t for the routine, mates and the craic I could quite easily give it up. However that said I don’t know what I do in it’s place !!! 

Bigger problem is that if I stop, my wife would very quickly find a huge list of jobs I could do in it's place.....

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Football sucks.

I was at the point you are at about 20 years ago. I rarely watch any Prem or Euro football. I care not a jot about Chelsea or Citeh. My interest is limited to Derby, and a little to Fulham who my boy supports. So for me, if the worst came to the worst, and I don’t think it will, my interest will remain exactly the same if Derby end up in the Conference, or L2. By which I mean I will go to the games I want to, follow from afar, track everything which is important with my club, and ultimately be buried (or burnt) with my scarf. Up the Rams. Duck the EFL.

P.S. weren’t these our fans on the Sound Effects album? Great album by the way.

5DECEB02-FF22-442C-978A-0CFDB7BEA35B.png

Edited by i-Ram

39 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Just because they get paid doesn’t mean they have to put the effort in, just ask Anya

I really don't recall Anya not putting the effort in being an actual thing. More a case if face didn't fit with the other 'lads' (not easy when you're captain's as much of an idiot as Keogh and you're actually rather well educated / don't need football to earn a living) and us not wanting to pay out appearance fees due to how stupidly we did the deal for him.

It's difficult to argue against this. Money and media coverage have ruined "the people's game".

I can't get to many matches these days but my armchair viewing is now limited to Derby and Southampton (son a Saints fan), maybe the odd final.

Very sad. Used to love it.

I'm an old timer, Been there seen it and it was GREAT 1965/66 onwards, I'm lucky than a lot on here, Covid was the catalyst for me, Missed my mates, Mother passed from Covid, Brother passed last year, I found running is a great escape from todays shyte, Football was an outlet, Not anymore, Sky I have until I move next month but rarely watch football now, Then Sky gets cancelled, If I want to watch a live game, Then i'll mooth on down to PP and buy a ticket, A live game on Sky I can pick up in a pub not to far away.

Belper Town FC will see a lot more of me, It's a good day out, Yes football is not what it was for me And thouroughly understand why people still want to go, It's very hard to break that habit/loyalty

I think I've only watched 2 full games in the past year that haven't involved Derby, both lower league sides playing against someone higher up in a cup.

The way the past few years have played out for us and how we've been treated by everyone has left too sour a taste and the prospect of more of that to come just makes it all the less appetising.

Fed up of other clubs who've just lucked and had everything fall for them, but honestly that feels most clubs compared to us these days!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I was at the point you are at about 20 years ago. I rarely watch any Prem or Euro football. I care not a jot about Chelsea or Citeh. My interest is limited to Derby, and a little to Fulham who my boy supports. So for me, if the worst came to the worst, and I don’t think it will, my interest will remain exactly the same if Derby end up in the Conference, or L2. By which I mean I will go to the games I want to, follow from afar, track everything which is important with my club, and ultimately be buried (or burnt) with my scarf. Up the Rams. Duck the EFL.

P.S. weren’t these our fans on the Sound Effects album? Great album by the way.

5DECEB02-FF22-442C-978A-0CFDB7BEA35B.png

I listened to that last night, great days.

It’s not the football I’m fed up with its all the rubbish that now surrounds it and obscures the on field activities that are beginning to bore me.

I just want to return to the days “was it a penalty” “he should have been sent off” “ the ref is a *****” etc

It’s not just Derbys plight, football in general has managed to make a simple game complicated with its off field activities.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd