Blackburn Away Match Thread

If we had actually won just a couple of the last 8 away games we would have a great chance. I don’t know how the away record can be so horrendous compared to home record. I think I might have seen Derby’s last away championship win in what could be a very long time against Stoke. Real shame because this season we have had a great spirit about the team. 

We’ll that’s it I think. We’ve finally just run out of steam and out of road - it was a decent effort but you can’t rely on kids and old timers in this league. I just hope we play out the season with a bit of pride and someone buys the club. What a bloody shame. 

Awful second half after a very good first half. 
A few went into their shells tonight, not happened much this season with the character of this group. A shame.

Poor goal for the equaliser then our game management is poor. Why give further set pieces away trying to play out I’ll never know. We had no answer to their press second half and it was a poor performance. 
Honourable mentions for Bird who I thought tried to keep us playing forward, he’s had a very good season. Lawrence poor second half, one of those games. We’ve thrown it away I’m afraid. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, i finally think we're done for.

So be it.

As long as we have a club next season.

This is literally the only thing that matters. What division you are in is irrelevant if you don't actually exist.

We could be playing in L2 for all I care, as long as DCFC is still alive.

The way we came out that second half was an absolute shambles.

They pressed us from the off. For 10-15 mins just hit it long for a bit, take the pressure off.

First goal was criminal. Free header.

Second goal. Allsop passing that Ball into Bird when he was being pressed was just ludicrous.

Soon as we went behind we just don't have any idea what to do or how to come back.

Away record this season is an absolute shambles. 

Wonder what Rooney's away record is here? It'll make for grim reading.

Also thought Lawrence looked like he couldn't care less tonight.

Cannot defend them after that second half.

The table makes very very ugly reading tonight. Barnsley 4 points ahead of us with a game in hand. They have seemingly got the momentum we have been desperately trying to create but can't.

Peterborough only 1 point behind with 2 games in hand. Makes you want to bury yourself under the duvet and hope it all goes away.

Very sad.

3 minutes ago, jed27 said:

If Derby County was my girlfriend she’d promise a night of unbelievable sex (and would absolutely be capable of it) but also be a chronic migraine sufferer.

If Derby County was my girlfriend she’d lack the physicality required.

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Game management was awful today. We were in a great position but don’t seem capable of managing out the rest of the match. 

that was partly the problem though. As soon as we went 1-0 up we just kept playing the ball between CB's and GK. Blackburn were there for the taking we should have been trying to get the 2nd and even 3rd, and finish the game off 1st half. 

The real isdue is that Blackburn stopped pressing us early on, but then pressed with a vengeance in the second half, but we didn’t change how we played, carrying on as though Blackburn weren’t pressing. 

But they were. And it’s all over now.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

The game should have been out of Blackburn’s reach by half time, but we didn’t take our chances. Captain Tom looked disinterested tonight, post holiday blues perhaps. Please stop dicking around at the back and just launch the ducker.

I was coached to play by % and still don't buy this play-out stuff. Football suicide.