Matchday Thread: Derby County vs. Barnsley

cannable

Great goals. A brilliant piece  of passing play after the first goal where they really tried to press us the n the half, left side that eventually led to a corner. Rode our luck a few times first half and I was getting frustrated with Allsop’s long kicking up to our first goal. 

Second half we came out all guns blazing and scored again. We then had another chance but Festy’s final square pass was straight to a Barnsley player. For me, from then on, I felt we really struggled to control the ball in midfield and lost it quickly as everything seemed to be bouncing up or was an attempted flick. I thought Barnsley played it quite well from the back through the midfield but never really created a clear opening (bar a few dangerous positions on free kicks) but I wasn’t comfortable until the 90th min ?

56 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Barnsley had a couple of really good chances in the first half.

Cashin got turned and skinned by one of their forwards but Allsop made a decent stop.

Then they robbed us in midfield as we overplayed but completely butchered a three on zero on their left of our box and passed it into our 3 defenders who had gathered on the other side. 

Small margins indeed. ?

Cashin did struggle early on, but he's a quick learner - must have been very satisfying for him to see the big lump up front for Barnsley spending the last 30 minutes complaining to the linesman that Cashin was bullying him.....?

8 hours ago, sage said:

I was eagerly awaiting your response to Ravel's performance. 

You didn't disappoint 

That’s good then.I am glad you follow my posts with such eagerly awaited interest. He has set the standard. Let’s hope we see a few more excellent performances. 1 MOM in 27, 3 goals in 27. The jury is still out for me but I hope he continues to prove me wrong ?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

He seemed to look everywhere except at the linesman. 

He was taking no chances, and going straight to the top... He was clearly looking for the ref, and set off on a little celebratory jog once he'd seen the all clear had been given!  ?