Matchday Thread: Derby County vs. Barnsley

cannable

Go on then, it’s my turn.

If my past form is anything to go by then we’ll lose this game but my hosting of the matchday thread will subsequently trigger the run that keeps us up.

Dad’s in Jamaica for this one so I’m taking my mate who’s gotten a bit weird with the drinking and in recent weekends has;

• Been bollocked by his mum for turning up at her work’s due and referring to her colleagues as ‘wet women’ and then waking up at six in Leeds

• Thought he’d pulled a student, ended up playing Mario Kart with some 18 year-olds then fell asleep on a lads floor(?)

• Fell asleep on Friargate the other night after Luton

So yeah, I’m dreading Saturday more for having to take him out rather than Derby losing.

We’re probably down. Despite the runs that gave us hope we still probably have been. So don’t be sad, or disappointed, or blame the players. This season’s been about defiance and love, just roll with it. After 18/19 and 13/14 this has been my favourite Derby season. 

Fight ‘til the end.

Edited by Duracell

I feel that we need to change the midfield as I don't think bird and bielik works. Bielik is by far our best player but how when he had shinnie next to him shinnie used to run and over the midfield to let bielik control the game, where as bird there's not enough running in him and very predictable, I'm not slating bird he's been very reliable for us this season but I just feel if we got thompson is there to give us the energy it would work alot better for us

4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I feel that we need to change the midfield as I don't think bird and bielik works. Bielik is by far our best player but how when he had shinnie next to him shinnie used to run and over the midfield to let bielik control the game, where as bird there's not enough running in him and very predictable, I'm not slating bird he's been very reliable for us this season but I just feel if we got thompson is there to give us the energy it would work alot better for us

Could be a shout, I’d say Thommo in to do the dirty work, with Bird and Bielik as a 3 in midfield. Knight and Lawrence to play in a front 3 with either Plange or CKR, same back 4 or Fozzy in at left back. Instructions for Bird and Bielik to push on and join attacks with Thommo sitting, everyone told to bring their shooting boots and try to get the round thing in the white rectangular shape at the other end. Then means the likes of Ravel, Festy, Ebiowei, Sibley to come on and control/chase the game as necessary 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Could be a shout, I’d say Thommo in to do the dirty work, with Bird and Bielik as a 3 in midfield. Knight and Lawrence to play in a front 3 with either Plange or CKR, same back 4 or Fozzy in at left back. Instructions for Bird and Bielik to push on and join attacks with Thommo sitting, everyone told to bring their shooting boots and try to get the round thing in the white rectangular shape at the other end. Then means the likes of Ravel, Festy, Ebiowei, Sibley to come on and control/chase the game as necessary 

Yes either way but I feel now Lawrence is back he be in that role he's played all season it would create alot more creative play in our team

Worried that heads may be down after the late goal and not even a point at Cardiff. We desperately need a win but they've hit form just at the right time for their season. Lose this and I think we're giving ourselves too much to do and we're in terrible form - that'd be 4 straight defeats. Players coming back but it killed our momentum stone dead just as we'd closed the gap.

44 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

4-3-3 could work.

Time to invoke the spirit of Mclaren 13/14

Cashin is our Bucko.

Davies can run into midfield a la Keogh

Bielik is our Thorne

CKR can be our Wardrobe

That’s the spine right there

everyone else just run like buggery off them

attack attack attack

balls to the wind

COYR

Knight’s a better version of Bryson

Bird’s a worse version of Hughes

Lawrence is an opposite sided Ince

Use Fozzy as the defensive full-back instead of Wisdom

I get the analogy, but Davies and Cashin are far worse pure footballers than Keogh and Bucko.

Edited by cannable

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A little break will do Bielik good. Ravel also had a very good game last night so deserves to keep his place in the team

Good game….really. Every time he got the ball he passed it backwards. Adds absolutely nothing to the team. Give Sibley 5 games, we need goals….