Matchday Thread: Derby County vs. Barnsley

cannable

On 02/03/2022 at 01:44, cannable said:

Go on then, it’s my turn.

If my past form is anything to go by then we’ll lose this game but my hosting of the matchday thread will subsequently trigger the run that keeps us up.

Dad’s in Jamaica for this one so I’m taking my mate who’s gotten a bit weird with the drinking and in recent weekends has;

• Been bollocked by his mum for turning up at her work’s due and referring to her colleagues as ‘wet women’ and then waking up at six in Leeds

• Thought he’d pulled a student, ended up playing Mario Kart with some 18 year-olds then fell asleep on a lads floor(?)

• Fell asleep on Friargate the other night after Luton

So yeah, I’m dreading Saturday more for having to take him out rather than Derby losing.

We’re probably down. Despite the runs that gave us hope we still probably have been. So don’t be sad, or disappointed, or blame the players. This season’s been about defiance and love, just roll with it. After 18/19 and 13/14 this has been my favourite Derby season. 

Fight ‘til the end.

Your mate………david search GIF

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A little break will do Bielik good. Ravel also had a very good game last night so deserves to keep his place in the team

Even if Bielik is half fit, can barely move and one of his legs has fell off

He is still country miles ahead of anything we have in the squad.

Can't be resting our best players I'm afraid. Plus he played 45 minutes the other day and after Saturday there is no game for a week, so plenty of time for him to rest.

Don't see what Morrison offers us at all. Since he's been here infact.

Slows the game down, passes backwards. Quite often has a pass on but doesn't get his head up. Not sure if anyone remembers but he did exactly that against Cardiff. We had a break on. There was a simple pass inside, he checked, pass was on but he stopped and passed it backwards.

I agree with another poster about Sibley. These 3 games where Lawrence had been out he should have played all 3.

He was poor on the first half against Millwall (but so was everyone) then he gets subbed off and over the next 2 games played about 10 minutes. Not quite sure how he's supposed to get any sort of momentum and consistency if that happens. Even young Malcolm is coming on before him.

Attack attack attack.

Let defenders defend and attackers get forward. Bardell and Fozzy at full-back to provide some height/physicality.

Allsop
  Bardell  Davies  Cashin  Forsyth
                       Bielik
Ebosele  Knight  Sibley  Lawrence
                      Plange

Subs: Roos, Byrne, Bird, Morrison, Kazim, Stearman, Buchanan

COYR ?

On 02/03/2022 at 09:44, Dcfcsr92 said:

I feel that we need to change the midfield as I don't think bird and bielik works. Bielik is by far our best player but how when he had shinnie next to him shinnie used to run and over the midfield to let bielik control the game, where as bird there's not enough running in him and very predictable, I'm not slating bird he's been very reliable for us this season but I just feel if we got thompson is there to give us the energy it would work alot better for us

Agree 

Bird looked good when he replaced Bielik in the middle but the combination of Bielik Morrison and Bird is not a winning one 

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Attack attack attack.

Let defenders defend and attackers get forward. Bardell and Fozzy at full-back to provide some height/physicality.

Allsop
  Bardell  Davies  Cashin  Forsyth
                       Bielik
Ebosele  Knight  Sibley  Lawrence
                      Plange

Subs: Roos, Byrne, Bird, Morrison, Kazim, Stearman, Buchanan

COYR ?

and drop one of our biggest attacking threats in Byrne ?

19 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Good game….really. Every time he got the ball he passed it backwards. Adds absolutely nothing to the team. Give Sibley 5 games, we need goals….

I still hold out hope for Sibley, but Ravel's performances against Millwall and Cardiff have been better than anything Sibley's produced post-lockdown.

I'm still not over how toothless we were against Cardiff, final ball and shooting had relegation fodder written all over them. First time in a while I've felt we are dead and buried. Think it's all over if we wont win Saturday, even then if Reading win then it doesn't mean a whole lot.

There seems very little fervor to sell out the stadium as there has been in recent weeks? Not sure if anyone else has noticed it?

Feels like there is a particularly low mood around the club at the moment. And rightly so after what everyone players and Fans have been through over the past 5 months.

If we lose to Barnsley the trap door is pretty much open to the overtures of the fat lady I think.

Edited by kingsy1884

43 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I still hold out hope for Sibley, but Ravel's performances against Millwall and Cardiff have been better than anything Sibley's produced post-lockdown.

Sibley was good when he came on against Peterborough, looked positive and obviously got the goal. But other times he gives the ball away cheaply. Ravel has been good the past couple of games, he can keep the ball and has an eye for a pass.

46 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Have to agree to disagree ?

27 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Sibley was good when he came on against Peterborough, looked positive and obviously got the goal. But other times he gives the ball away cheaply. Ravel has been good the past couple of games, he can keep the ball and has an eye for a pass.

I have a soft spot for both and really want them to succeed.

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

There seems very little fervor to sell out the stadium as there has been in recent weeks? Not sure if anyone else has noticed it?

Feels like there is a particularly low mood around the club at the moment. And rightly so after what everyone players and Fans have been through over the past 5 months.

If we lose to Barnsley the trap door is pretty much open to the overtures of the fat lady I think.

About 5400 remaining in home areas. Barnsley have sold about 1400, with a second batch going on sale today - they reckon maybe 1800. So a gate exceeding 26,000 looks likely.