Poll: Do you think Boro & Wycombe will take Mel on?

RoyMac5

Will the chancers take on Mel?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s certainly put the ball back in their court.

Worst case scenario is they refuse to engage with MM directly. Mel Morris then needs to speak to the potential new owners and offer a personal guarantee to fight this case alongside them and finance any negative outcome (of which we all know there won’t be any)

Glad that MM has stepped up to the plate as quickly as he as following the EFL revealing their hand last night.

Its the correct and proper thing to do, so ?? to you MM

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think either Gibson or Couhig will accept Mel's challenge. I think they know they're just chancers. They won't pay their money out to fight Mel.

Not a chance because they know they won't win. It will further highlight how vexacious these claims are though. I wish Mel had done this a month ago. 

We are currently an easy target for a corrupt organisation like the EFL and it’s puppet masters Gibson and Cuhig to push around. However Morris is an individual of their ilk - a ruthless businessman who is more than happy to pursue a scorched earth policy to win at all costs. That said I’m not sure Gibson or Cuhig have the balls to go up against him. To be honest they all deserve each other - as long as our club can move forward….duck ‘em all!

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

Whatever happens, I’ve got a sneaky feeling that this won’t appease the EFL/Gibson et al. and this is not the resolution we’ve all been waiting for. Hope I’m severely wrong! 

I think it might be enough to give Mel the 'moral high ground' over them both and he might then pay them off. [Not sure I really believe the last bit, but then I didn't believe he'd 'resurface'.]

59 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think either Gibson or Couhig will accept Mel's challenge. I think they know they're just chancers. They won't pay their money out to fight Mel.

I agree,they were banking on putting us under massive pressure when we were in  position of weakness to get a cheap payout which wouldn't be contested,just so we could get a deal over the line.

This offer tho will absolutely floor them as they know that Mel will walk all over them in an actual court of law.

Not sure how this will pan out yet but it could be a master stroke by Mel because if they refuse to go down this route,it leaves the EFL in a very different position in terms of their "impartiality".

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong