Poll: Do you think Boro & Wycombe will take Mel on?

RoyMac5

Will the chancers take on Mel?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think either Gibson or Couhig will accept Mel's challenge. I think they know they're just chancers. They won't pay their money out to fight Mel.

I think its a pincer movment. quantuma will now go ahead and squeeze their claims due to insolvency law.. which they are entitled to do. So Boro and Wycombe may have no choice.     

37 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its give Parry a way out. If he blocks this the MP's and the publicity will finish him. Gibson will be furiously messaging and ringing him but I reckon Parry will be uncontactable this evening.

Gibsons head may explode and Teeside will be covered in curly pubes.

Parry is finished anyway. he is close to retirment age, EFL is to lose its regulatory powers. And the risk is there is an enquiry into EFL and all the shenanigans , especially over the last two years.

I’m afraid Boro and Wycombe will be advised by their lawyers not to do this on the legal basis that their claims are against an organisation not an individual. I think Mortis probably knows this. However it will be about perception then and the pressure of the MPs could  prove decisive. Chicken noises next week I think. 

23 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

This is Mel’s chance to have the last word over Gibson. 

Gibson will be hating every minute of this because I don’t think he’d planned for this bit. 

Absolutely, last thing he ever expected is Mel appearing from nowhere and firing shots across their bows. 

Safe to say I reckon he’ll be enraged tonight 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I agree,they were banking on putting us under massive pressure when we were in  position of weakness to get a cheap payout which wouldn't be contested,just so we could get a deal over the line.

This offer tho will absolutely floor them as they know that Mel will walk all over them in an actual court of law.

Not sure how this will pan out yet but it could be a master stroke by Mel because if they refuse to go down this route,it leaves the EFL in a very different position in terms of their "impartiality".

The spotlight still on the EFL for their conduct. No surprise chairman Rick Parry seems in favour of the move by Morris. No doubt thinking it may ease the pressure on them and put it back on the two clubs.

Seems like a trap to me.  The EFL can't say yes, for this claim will get thrown out of court, leaving them looking like a bunch of stinkers.  They can't say no, for that will have the same effect.

The EFL ends up getting dismantled and restructured and Gibson gets his karma.

i like to dream.

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

Problem is where do we stand? What if they say no and continue their claims against DCFC? Will the EFL demand that they go after Mel and not one of their member clubs? Will we receive protection as a member?

I think the EFL stated that it has to either go to arbitration or be pursued through the courts. Mr Morris has offered not only a solution for the EFL to get themselves out of deep hole (that they have dug) he is also calling Gibson or Couhigs bluff. 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its give Parry a way out. If he blocks this the MP's and the publicity will finish him. Gibson will be furiously messaging and ringing him but I reckon Parry will be uncontactable this evening.

Gibsons head may explode and Teeside will be covered in curly pubes.

I'm trying imagine Teeside covered in pubes, NO don't go there

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I’m afraid Boro and Wycombe will be advised by their lawyers not to do this on the legal basis that their claims are against an organisation not an individual. I think Mortis probably knows this. However it will be about perception then and the pressure of the MPs could  prove decisive. Chicken noises next week I think. 

This exactly. Their claim is against Derby County not Mel Morris. They are legally separate entities and were even when Mel was the owner. That's what a limited company is for!

I think what Mel has just done is not something out of the blue. He and his lawyers have probably been looking at this for a while.

At the end of the day, Mel is still a Derby fan and knows no club, no team to play in the stadium he owns. Gibson's combined companies which the Football club is part of are leaking money. He will be advised by his legal team to drop the claim or suffer a big bill to pay in High court. If they don't get promotion this season, they also could be facing a points deduction in the near future. What goes around comes around.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I think what Mel has just done is not something out of the blue. He and his lawyers have probably been looking at this for a while.

At the end of the day, Mel is still a Derby fan and knows no club, no team to play in the stadium he owns. Gibson's combined companies which the Football club is part of are leaking money. He will be advised by his legal team to drop the claim or suffer a big bill to pay in High court. If they don't get promotion this season, they also could be facing a points deduction in the near future. What goes around comes around.

I’ll be the first to go on record, if Boro fail ffp next season the EFL will change the rules to allow for covid losses. I absolutely guarantee it