Poll: Do you think Boro & Wycombe will take Mel on?

RoyMac5

Will the chancers take on Mel?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I can't pretend to know the legal intricacies or viability of MM's offer. 

I do agree with you that his statement has shifted the narrative away from the co-ordinated EFL/M statements and in doing so has heaped bad PR on the EFL & M/WW.

His statement laid bare the hypocrisy within the EFL where certain loopholes are apparently ignored while exploiting others is "systematic cheating", depending on the perpetrator.

I'm glad he called out the sanctimonious smoggy twerp for his own use of loopholes to allow his club to comply with P&S.

I certainly don't think MM's statement has compromised our position in any way, but may well prove pivotal.

Absolutely spot on. That’s the real heart of it and illustrates very clearly the sheer hypocrisy of an EFL which acts sanctimoniously whilst clearly sat on Gibson’s lap whilst he tells them what to say. The whole FFP is riddled with problems and has proven itself to be completely ineffective in preventing what it was designed to prevent. Like Var was supposed to right errors it merely introduced more errors.

Gibson and Couhig will turn down Mel’s offer. It will make them look even more seedy but I don’t think it will solve the issue. The EFL will again insist on arbitration.

The overall effect though is to shine further light into the murky World of the EFL and how their incompetence and chicanery has led us to this point. The end of the EFL is nigh but we need it to not take Derby County with it.

13 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I’m afraid Boro and Wycombe will be advised by their lawyers not to do this on the legal basis that their claims are against an organisation not an individual. I think Mortis probably knows this. However it will be about perception then and the pressure of the MPs could  prove decisive. Chicken noises next week I think. 

Mel with defend this with Rigor.

The information from all is a little misleading. I like what Mel said but we are in the brown stuff because of him. 

i would like somebody to explore the relationship between the EFL and Middlesbrough, by that I mean a proper investigation and potentially a criminal one if they have colluded. If the EFL do something with the intention of gaining money for Middlesbrough that should not have been paid then that is fraud (and yes I do know my criminal law). The reason I say that is what appears to be the EFL’s insistence on Derby effectively paying 0ff Middlesbrough and Wycombe before they can come out of administration. When at a tribunal they would have not have had to. Interesting fact here in a criminal court Gibson would have no chance with his claim. 

it’s interesting that Mel said the timetable for arbitration was May 2022 and that Middlesbrough had trimmed part of an EFL clause to suit their means. If so why have the EFL not dealt with that. It’s also interesting that the EFL made a decision on the football debt issue without knowing the facts (their words). I think if proven it is a football debt until then it’s not a debt at all.

The stance, late statements and the closeness of theirs and the Middlesbrough statements worries me unless they see them say 48 hours in advance. They also both seem to have a similar tone which is worrying unless there is something that we really don’t know and is earth shattering.

im not convinced that the administrators have handled this very well and I think Gibson et al should be in the hands of a lawyer, perhaps we can crowd fund for one? If I was DCFC and Mel I would consider taking the EFL and potentially Middlesbrough to court if what they have said is untrue.

The administration of FFP has always worried me, it dosnt seem to have any firm rules and is administrated on the whim of the EFL without taking into account any precedents that have been set with previous penalties. The Reading, Derby and Birmingham ones are very different. Now we have the likelihood of clubs being allowed to include potential transfers into Covid losses, isn’t this worse than the amortisation that Derby were punished for?  How can you value a future transfer, or it’s loss? Isn’t the loss down to a clubs operating model that they spend on the basis of potentially getting a windfall from selling a player? If they don’t in a covid season or not they breach FFP?

I agree with Mel about parachute payments, they should be to cover large wages on relegation not enable clubs to have a £20m head start in buying players that we not otherwise have signed.

we need anew regulator and fast and it needs to be independent for everyone’s sake.

I voted “No” to both for the following reasons:

1) They probably know their best chance of getting any money is to continue to blackmail the club and will find away to avoid it.

2) If they said yes then that would be good news for the club and we all know, “good news” and “Derby County” are words that seem to be mutually exclusive.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I voted “No” to both for the following reasons:

1) They probably know their best chance of getting any money is to continue to blackmail the club and will find away to avoid it.

2) If they said yes then that would be good news for the club and we all know, “good news” and “Derby County” are words that seem to be mutually exclusive.

I figure that whatever way cash changes hands after this, Mel will feel he has recovered the moral high ground and made Boro and Wycombe look every inch the chancers they are.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If they truly think continuing on their current course is the likeliest way for them to receive any money, they really aren't listening to what is being reported as being the position of the parties who have submitted bids, or who may yet submit bids, and completely misunderstanding the current financial position of DCFC.

Gibson has been quoted as thinking DCFC is being sold "too cheaply" - well, find us someone who'll pay what you think is the right price, Sunshine, or do one.