Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/526792/bristol-city-make-�38.4m-loss/#13

Seems were not the first of their victims, they make friends everywhere.  Don't know who this obsessed fan their referring to might be.

Glad he has the chance to grill his own clubs accounts with his abacus

Just seen this, Google his username with twtd and it's him. He's like the neighbourhood watch curtain twitcher

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The holier than thou, finger pointing that SOME fans of other clubs have directed at us, has been sickening!

How the wheel doth turn , not quickly enough for us I fear, but how I shall laugh and take comfort from our detractors plight when their turn under the electron microscope arrives.......OH DEAR , HOW SAD , NEVER MIND !!

I know it's fun to laugh at Mr Pop-Goes-the-Weasel as he falls off his high horse, but I don't think Bristol City's accounts will be an anomaly caused by excess and recklessness. I imagine a similar situation will be observed in most Championship teams' accounts this year, and many will be a damn sight worse than theirs. I'm pretty sure (with an average of 2019/20 and 2020/21 counting as a single year), that Bristol City will actually be in the FFP limits for the period between 2017 and 2021 (largely thanks to a roughly £10m profit in 2018/19), and their biggest concerns will be in this season and next. I'll be shocked if there aren't at least a few other teams who haven't been so fortunate in that period. 

A lot of the comments on their thread (mainly re: losses, wages and transfer policy) sound veeery similar to the kind of things we were saying 12-18 months ago! When we were just at the beginning of the unravelling of our finances. We may have been one of the first to see points deducted through this, but we definitely won't be the last.

See you in League 1 in the next couple of years Mr Papadopoulos ?

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

13 minutes ago, JfR said:

I know it's fun to laugh at Mr Pop-Goes-the-Weasel as he falls off his high horse, but I don't think Bristol City's accounts will be an anomaly caused by excess and recklessness. I imagine a similar situation will be observed in most Championship teams' accounts this year, and many will be a damn sight worse than theirs. I'm pretty sure (with an average of 2019/20 and 2020/21 counting as a single year), that Bristol City will actually be in the FFP limits for the period between 2017 and 2021 (largely thanks to a roughly £10m profit in 2018/19), and their biggest concerns will be in this season and next. I'll be shocked if there aren't at least a few other teams who haven't been so fortunate in that period. 

Does this sound familiar?

image.thumb.png.026320c25d65e13d4e208941bdde2d18.png

17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmmmmm, they cost us 3 points in December fielding players they couldn’t afford……or should I say by cheating!!!!!

Maybe we should sue them, seems in vogue at the moment!

Am I doing this right? 

I mean it is really our duty on behalf of other Clubs and the EFL to ensure the "integrity of the competition". Yes it's sad, and we really dont want to do it , but we will just have to sue.............£45million? Seems only fair.

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmmmmm, they cost us 3 points in December fielding players they couldn’t afford……or should I say by cheating!!!!!

Maybe we should sue them, seems in vogue at the moment!

Am I doing this right? 

Yes, could be all the difference.  Send in the bailiffs to collect goods to the value of a striker as an interim payment. 

I have a mate who is a decent Brizzle lad - no vitriol from him towards us. 

Doesn't matter to me which club or fans it is. I just want the EFL to be absolutely consistent in their treatment. 

So that implies ponderous investigation to establish the full picture, whilst under a soft embargo. Then a dogged refusal to let go or negotiate until the owner is out of the picture and asks for his loans back. 

?