Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Gobshites on a forum are not representative of all fans. My mother always told me not to sink to their level. I sometimes even succeed.

But this thread doesn't seem especially light-hearted to me. But then I have often thought what some people would call 'banter' is nothing but cheap insult.

Yeah very funny. And sometimes you don't. You seem to know all about cheap insults that's for sure.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Gobshites on a forum are not representative of all fans. My mother always told me not to sink to their level. I sometimes even succeed.

But this thread doesn't seem especially light-hearted to me. But then I have often thought what some people would call 'banter' is nothing but cheap insult.

All I can say to that is have a glance through there thread .  Not all of it, 12 months worth will probably cause a form of narcolepsy, where as this one will be running for today only, then we'll be bored.  The difference between this one and theirs in terms of 'nasty' is night and day.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So because one person on a Bristol City forum is an arse, some people on here think the club being in financial trouble is funny?

Bloody hell.

It's far more than one. They may not reflect the general attitude of all Bristol City fans, but there's no sympathy to be had on there for our plight, or did you misunderstand the whole thrust of their (to date) 59 page "Derby Deserve Relegation..." thread and the suggestion that they'll "rub it in" when they come to PP in April?

So if some of them are concerned and worrying a bit about their club and don't like the fact that we're having a moment or two of Schadenfreude, they're just reaping what they've sowed.

They aren't going to go into Administration and they probably won't even get charged by the EFL, so dry yer knickers ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah very funny. And sometimes you don't. You seem to know all about cheap insults that's for sure.

I do know all about them. It seems to me, however, that there is no reason whatsoever to treat Bristol City any different from Wigan, Bury etc, or indeed, how we would like fans of other clubs to view our situation.

It seems that some big mouth on a Bristol City forum trolls and some on here have been drawn in to the childishness.

The bigger picture is that fans of other clubs are just like us and love their club regardless of whatever charlatan is running it.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's far more than one. They may not reflect the general attitude of all Bristol City fans, but there's no sympathy to be had on there for our plight, or did you misunderstand the whole thrust of their (to date) 59 page "Derby Deserve Relegation..." thread and the suggestion that they'll "rub it in" when they come to PP in April?

So if some of them are concerned and worrying a bit about their club and don't like the fact that we're having a moment or two of Schadenfreude, they're just reaping what they've sowed.

They aren't going to go into Administration and they probably won't even get charged by the EFL, so dry yer knickers ?

I didn't misunderstand it because I didn't read it. I don't go on other clubs' forums.

4 minutes ago, tombomb said:

does that mean points deductions? 

Just been on their fans site and they are taking of a 400k loss a month for several years. Having slated us Mr Pop is now in the same boat and crying that running a club by buying players and selling them for a profit does not work. After all he said about us ..

I take no pleasure in clubs who haven’t had the luxury of being propped up by parachute payments now struggling to stay away from the financial equality rules which only seem to make football more unequal.

Bristol City are one of those, so as nice as it would be to take Mr Popodopotalkshite’s stance of adopting a weird vendetta against any team in financial trouble, I can’t do it.

My opinion is that this is just going to be the start of a few clubs announcing losses above the already massive norm and going into admin.

I know I'm biased, but surely this should have been taken into consideration by the EFL when we went into admin as the period without fans has caused all clubs major financial problems.