Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bristol will be fine as I expect Lansdown will stand behind them unlike Mel who did the unthinkable. But it shows the pitfalls of the benefactor model in an era distorted by parachute payments making it a grossly unfair playing field. FFP isn’t working as a measure of control. All Derby and Bristol (and other clubs) have tried to do is compete, everyone is at it and if the EFL are consistent in their approach based on how they have dealt with our case then I’m expecting points deductions for half the league. We have been given no allowance for Covid we’ve been forced to cut a deal as we’re trying to get out of administration. Why should other clubs?! It stinks! 

All I want is fairness and consistency. I don’t wish other clubs ill but we’re being made out as cheats of the century and several fans of other clubs have revelled in our demise so if they they’ve broken FFP whatever revenue is lost to Covid - ducking penalise them.

All that you are presuming is the absolute epitome of the benefactor model. 

If lansdown gets bored or decides he doesn't want to keep losing money, he has the absolute ability to bring bcfc to insolvency on his own capricious whim. 

Who knows where his breaking point is. Only him. 

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

All that you are presuming is the absolute epitome of the benefactor model. 

If lansdown gets bored or decides he doesn't want to keep losing money, he has the absolute ability to bring bcfc to insolvency on his own capricious whim. 

Who knows where his breaking point is. Only him. 

Or like for the F*rest fans when the 'unthinkable' happened with Doughty?

Edited by RoyMac5

It would be interesting to see Bristol City’s (and other teams) losses over a recent 3 year period. Bristols are £49m over 2 years so will probably go higher. 

I agree with COVID related deductions but they need to be reasonable, appropriate and consistent. It is possible that those that have overspent can use COVID to bring them in line with FFP. If the EFL accept Bristols £16m COVID figure and they spend less than £6m over the limit in the third year they will be fine. Although I don’t agree with any deduction for FFP for loss of player sales, that’s just the market.

our problem was the overspend in non covid years. I would expect us to be so far below FFP at the moment it will be unreal. 

the big difference is the administration, I for one have always said that our debt is not the biggest, we just don’t have an owner to bail us out. 

re Mr Pop, sorry but he does deserve a back lash. He took the p out of Derby fans trying to look positively on our circumstances and he is doing exactly the same. Looking at them with rose tinted glasses and coming up with figures to justify the,, just like we tried to do.

i think BCFC got used to selling players for big fees and that became their operating model. Once that fails you are in trouble 

the only difference between us and them is that the owner didn’t put them into administration. We both had operating models that are/were flawed as have most clubs.

the list of clubs with overspends will continue 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh well, they're still losing lots of dosh and paying out silly money on wages for a poor team!

Yeah, no doubting that. Wage bill is said to have dropped by a third this season with scope to get rid of the huge wages of Kasey Palmer and Nahki Wells so should drop significantly further. 
It is a genuine possibility that next season our wage bill could be half of our wage bill last season. 
Seems those at the top clocked on to our awful position just in time. 

27 minutes ago, Briz said:

Yeah, no doubting that. Wage bill is said to have dropped by a third this season with scope to get rid of the huge wages of Kasey Palmer and Nahki Wells so should drop significantly further. 
It is a genuine possibility that next season our wage bill could be half of our wage bill last season. 

Yeah that's what we have been doing for a couple of years. Just means you'll end up with a slowly declining team. 

So you'll be alright assuming you don't get the likes of Maguire raking through your accounting minutiae and deciding you should have done things differently 4 years ago..... 

31 minutes ago, Briz said:

Really? ?

1 hour ago, Briz said:

Let's just hope for your sake the guy at the top doesn't just give up on a whim, best not give him any grief when you get relegated or finish bottom-half or he'll pull the plug! 

On 30/12/2021 at 11:04, Briz said:

We did this, but far too late, our wage bill has dropped like a stone over the last 3 years. I’m a bit concerned about deductions for COVID, and I’m thinking of the likes of Stoke here.  I think it should only be attendance, hospitality and the collateral costs relating to that. Cost 0f player sale, amortisation of players (I know) etc should not be included. Also it should be net costs so for instance we have 22000 STs but still retained circa 8k during that period. 
it should all be based on the average of the previous 3 years non covid earnings. This should all be published. The loans etc given by the EFL should be disclosed as income . 

just my thoughts 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-ceo-sends-message-6477092

Get this for a quote :

Bristol City CEO Richard Gould believes the EFL’s Profit & Sustainability require urgent reform to preserve the credibility of the Championship following the “act of God” that was the pandemic, which has left the club fighting record losses and in danger of a points deduction in the near future.

I suggest Quantuma get back on the blower to the EFL sharpish if this is going to be the PR spin from a few more clubs.

Oh, but hang on....... I forgot the correct response is "Derby aren't the only team affected by Covid, but....."

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

one of us GIF

Us and Reading to the rest of the championship. 

Don’t get too excited about a points deduction this season. According to Bristol Live they will be within the three year P & S  threshold this season (due to the previous two seasons showing a combined profit of £1m) but next years figures could be a problem.

I had a wry smile at this part of the Bristol Post article too:

Discussions are still being held to establish whether forecast transfer revenue can be included, along with ticket sales, as an “add-back”, with City to seek independent auditors and transfer experts to determine the full figure, which is deeply subjective.

Residual values anyone??

I might buy some shares in Transfermarkt if THAT goes through.